Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Disabled Father is the stress and the abuser

Mdreaming101 September 7th, 2023

Family matter.

My brother passed 2022 and left an accident settlement to my parents. My father who is disabled since 2015 from a stroke has always been a point of tension and drama in the family. He thinks that now he has $$ he can do whatever, use the money to fulfil his desire of going oversea to get a "cure" from a rural herbalist none of us even know, and not needing family support. Yet every time he has an issue, when his money couldn't get him the help he needs, when he is sick, and when he has emergency he always, always calls me; acting as if there has not been beef between us, as if he has never wrong me, never curse me out; claiming I do not love him. He had told me he does not need my help because all his help is coming from the agencies and programs in our community. So he doesn't care about what he say to me, being very abusive verbally. Claiming he did all this because I don't love him and mistreat him. Yet whenever, the agencies and programs could not fit him into their schedule or come weekly to help him go his shopping, he calls me every time demanding I fill in.

Now the landlord called me, telling me he told the landlord he is moving out October. When I confronted him about this because he surely haven't told me, he acted all "I am smart" "I'm moving to S city where my not-blooded-related brothers are and they will not treat me how you and the brothers here has treated me" "I know what I am doing." Well he aint. He still has to pay his rent in October, at least the days he stays in October yet he is under the impression he will be out by October therefore no need to pay rent. I want to just cuss him out and tell him he's stupid. I asked him: where he going, who is coming to help him move, and did he secure another unit elsewhere. He would not tell me who; said the landlord will deal with his stuff LEFT BEHIND; said "they" will help him secure a unit after he get there. This is a BS plan. Totally will fail. We argued back and forth. I insisted he has to keep this place until he secure another unit two hours way (another town) where my distance uncles live. He refuses. I outline some scenario for him but his replied was, I don't care if I go homeless, I will go live under the bridge. He cannot honestly handle being homeless. Shelter won't even take him in. I know cause I had to find him housing in 2018 after he was released from jail for hitting my mom. Being handicaps does not stop him from attempts to physically hurt me. He can't handle being homeless when he can't handle the cold or the heat. He can't even go without his pain medication. He can't go without a meal for a day. How the F will he go homeless and not die like trashes on the side walk. He is so delusional, thinking who ever they are won't mistreat him or won't fail to meet his expectation.

He doesn't admit to the fact that he has a lot of beef and curses his relatives out a lot because his relatives fail to meet his expectation. He expects everyone to go over mountains and oceans for him. He expects them to support him in everything he do, especially the super bad plan he has. Since I refuse to help him go oversea, he has removed me off IHSS so they won't pay me for anything I do for him. I have make life so comfortable for him, he thinks he can go follow my uncles and they will do even "better" and "more" for him than me. I co-signed that place for my father. I have done a lot of things for him including being the middle man between him and the lawyer fighting the accident settlement for my brother's death. I didn't even ask for a cent from doing that for my parents.

My father comes to me for help when he has nothing. When he has the $$ he is so arrogant, thinking he can live without family support. I don't want him to do this stupid move away plan of his because if it fails or he eventually use up all the settlement $$, he'll probably come back to my door step and demand I help him.

Yougotmyback September 9th, 2023

Hi there!

*Hugs* if ok💛

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a hard time dealing with everything revolving around your father. It's definitely a tough spot to be in. It's like being stuck between attachment and detachment. A conflict that persists. You definitely don't deserve to be treated that way specially when you're only doing it out of concern. I can't solve your issue but I want to tell you that you're seen and heard. ❤️

I hope you don't treat yourself the same way and are kinder to yourself than he is.

I'm replying to this so that other people can see this post and probably are able to help you in a better way. You can also look for a listener for a 1-1 chat.

Hoping that you find a solution to this. Sending love and positive vibes your way.🌻