Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

♡ The Other Side Of Holidays ♡ *you* are not alone ♡

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 23rd, 2021

Hey hey lovelies, I hope y'all are doing well and staying safe. ❤

How's the holiday season treating everyone?

For me, this time is a mix of different emotions! I am so very grateful to be in 7 cups, being a part of this community is great in the sense that if not everyone always, even then, many of us are in the same boat often ~ to me, that's very comforting hehe!

Anyway, I am so excited and feeling all the jinglessss ( ya see what I did there :P ) of the holiday season with so many amazing events going in cups lately to celebrate holidays and of course to get set ready to welcome the new year.

But but amidst the celebrations and the fun, let's not forget how holidays or even the nicest time ever is not the same for everyone ~ and let me assure you, it is okay!

It is more than okay to not vibe with the festive time when you're not feeling it personally. It is okay to not feel excited, or happy, in the " I am sooooo looking forward to it " mindset ~ it is okay to feel hurt, it is okay to feel anxious, it is okay to feel alone, it is okay to feel slight jealousy towards people rejoicing when you cannot / are unable to, it is okay to experience grief, it is okay to be hurting, it is okay to feel disappointed, it is okay to feel angry, it is okay to feel *nothing* about holidays or this time in general, whatever you are feeling is personal to you, it is valid and it does not make you any less than others in any way. You Are Allowed To Not Feel "Merry" Always!

With all the fun-filled stuff flowing around cups lately (that I've been enjoying too much lol), I've also been coming across certain forum threads that are aimed towards ensuring a safe place for all, in this holiday season, a place to talk / share / discuss ~ feel less alone, knowing others are feeling similarly, some of these also include wonderful tips and coping resources and so I wanted to create a single thread where more people can access these easily.

Sharing them below -:

Missing loved ones during holiday season

Suggestions for coping with family stress during the holidays

A Happy(ier) Holiday Celebration this year

Dietary restrictions and Holiday Meals & Gatherings

Lonely During the Holiday Season?

Depression and the Holidays

Preparing for the Holiday season with Family (part 1)

(Similar threads in the Family & Caregivers and the Community Projects & Events sub-communities)

Some general resources -:

9 Therapeutic Benefits of Top Free Resources at 7 Cups

The extensive list of healthy distractions and self-love techniques

[ All text in blue is clickable ]

A huge shout out to the awesome community users who've curated all these forum threads and article(s), y'all are so thoughtful, kind and simply fabulous!

@Sher217 , @QuietMagic , @lucy2 @PoliteOcean , @halcyoncloud2036 , @Empatheticlavender2924 , @Katedoskocilova , @Marigold357 , @GreenChoice1 , @AffyAvo , @Melonmeloncholy , @LisaMeighanMBPsS , @EmmaE

Thanks for being here lovely human. If any of you reading this have come across any similar forum post or article and would like to add it to this thread, feel free to message me or share the link in this post itself and I'll add it soon!

This took me close to 4 hours to find the posts and compile them Haha, but, if it helps even one person, it is all that matters and I'd be super grateful! ❤

🌻 Always remember you're not alone and we all got this, *together*! Sending love and blessings to everyone coming across ! 🌻

(Last updated by Sunisshiningandsoareyou on 12/23/2021, 11/19/2022)

IceCream4IceCream December 30th, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

We should bump this post up for the New Year. To everyone struggling right now, your feelings are valid and they matter. It's okay to not be okay at this time. Sending you strength.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP December 30th, 2021

Right on, Jovvv! *hugs* ❤ @jovialButterfly6752

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP January 2nd

@IceCream4IceCream

Yessss, another year hehe. Sending kindness everyone's way!🤗❤

rrretsuko January 2nd, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou thank you so much for taking the time and effort to do all of this for the community to have <3 it's greatly appreciated

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP November 19th, 2022

Added weee @fruitypond7887 thankyou! 🤗

LavenderHere December 22nd, 2022

*bump*

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP December 23rd, 2022

@LavenderHere Yay thankyouuu, Lavv!💜

livbinny December 24th, 2022

I like how it’s written in the end that we’re all in this together🌻and I know because there’s someone out there who move in too🏘️After we moved right before Christmas🥺🏘️I feel more lonely and sad💙💚🙏🏻I have my plushies and everything I try to be strong and fight the chronic illness but this change was and is big that’s why is it hard for me💛💙🙏🏻🙌🏻❄️❄️🎄prayers to have a blessed Christmas everyone💙🙏🏻🎄okay not to be okay💙🙏🏻I keep it strong💙🙏🏻🎄I wish I had more joy and happiness in family❤️when I see people with big families it moves me🥹you know🥺🙌🏻❤️it’s also because I went through tough childhood😓❤️‍🩹that no one deserves💔but it happened…🙌🏻🎄and that’s why I want to inspire others💛💚🙏🏻🎄🌟⭐️✨

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP May 11th, 2023

@livbinny Sending a big hug!💖

AttentiveEar January 1st, 2023

This holiday season has been blessed for me-I have found new depths for the reason I celebrate the holidays

I’m truly grateful and looking for ways to improve my circumstances in 2023!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP January 1st, 2023

@AttentiveEar

How lovely to hear! Wishing you a great year ahead! ❤