Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Need to discuss recovery from overdose

Phthalo May 28th, 2018

If anyone has experienced or had a loved one that has overdosed and then had severe stomach pains and possible liver damage after, how did they deal with it if no medication was allowed? Anything from "this food didn't hurt to eat" to "doing this habit helps" idk. Probably won't get a response because it borders on "advice" and all that shit. It just sounds like the doctors weren't really helpful and she needs some way to manage this and I don't have anywhere else to go. Sorry if this post sounds like a mess or whatever.

RarelyCharlie May 28th, 2018

The liver can regenerate, and it's the only internal organ that can. See: Liver regeneration

I know someone who had severe liver damage as a result of alcoholism and several overdoses of liver-damaging drugs, and who has mostly recovered. It took some years, and maybe the most important factor was no more overdoses, including no more alcohol overdoses. Another factor may have been good nutrition, including vitamin supplements prescribed by a doctor. Also many supportive people consistently helping them in practical ways and also creating hope. I'm not aware that they had any very specific treatment.

I once met another person who had severe stomach damage after an apparent suicide attempt, and that required emergency surgery. They recovered completely, both physically and mentally.

I am not an expert on any of this, though. Serious stuff like this really needs expert advice.

@Phthalo

Phthalo OP May 29th, 2018

Who "edited" my damn post. I don't even know what they changed, and I'm amused that they thought something in that part was more inappropriate than the word "shit". Jeez 7cups get your act together. I didn't target anyone. This micromanaging is out of hand.

giganticPup May 29th, 2018

@Phthalo

Careful. You know how this website handles criticism.

RarelyCharlie May 29th, 2018

Google's cached version doesn't have anything at all where it now says, "[edited for inappropriate language]" Your sentence simply read: "Sorry if this post sounds like a mess or whatever."

@Phthalo

Phthalo OP May 29th, 2018

@RarelyCharlie That's super weird then. I wonder who randomly inserted that phrase to make it sound like I said something horrible.

RarelyCharlie May 29th, 2018

Yes, it does make it look that way. I think I read somewhere that forum edits are now recorded. If I've remembered that correctly, it means that if you send in a complaint someone can trace the person who did it.

@Phthalo

MonBon May 30th, 2018

@RarelyCharlie @Phthalo

Yes we see this! There was no inappropriate language in our documented history. We will restore the original post and reach out to the forum mentor to see what happened :)

cc @Anomalia