Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Leader Or Follower?

Muse4apoem May 3rd

Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?

I’m not a supervisor.

I think I’m a little bit of both. I question leadership often and I find myself taking charge when needed. I feel almost like a reluctant leader at times. But sometimes people gravitate towards me for advice. 

My parents are similar also.

Sometime I just step into and it’s natural it’s fine. Others times I feel like but you can’t do this? I think this is easy to figure out. Plus I feel so bossy and I tell them this is how I would do it. I tell them but you can learn it anyway that is best for you. It’s always me and I’m not in charge. 

What are your opinions on this topic? 

Born leader or just want to follow the crowd? Or like me leadership comes up sometimes?

@Muse4apoem More follower that does nothing

Muse4apoem OP May 3rd

Well as long as you are comfortable.

@Muse4apoem Like literally everyone ignores me I so cant do anything even if I wanted to :/

Muse4apoem OP May 4th

Ignore you in what area? Work, home, family, do you go to school? Do you want to be heard more? Is that important to you?

Muse4apoem OP May 4th

Really I think if you talk to the right people it helps. I’m not sure I try my best to learn what I do for a living and I’ve done it for so long. As far as life you just “collect” experience like everyone else. Everyone definitely has different ones that’s for sure. I don’t know if I will ever be a total leader. But I do know that I do like to try to help.

Muse4apoem OP May 3rd

Sometimes it’s worth the risk.

Torean May 4th

@Muse4apoem

I'm not much of a joiner, and I'm quick to lose interest in being part of the flock. 

That doesn't mean I have a dominating personality though.  I usually feel clueless and overwhelmed just like everyone else.

So... I think kinda like you, pretty often leadership ends up finding me.  I do pretty well with that usually, but I noticed a weird effect it has on me. I'm super detail-oriented, but only until I'm in charge of things, and then it's harder for me to be that way.   

Muse4apoem OP May 4th

Me too detail oriented the boss puts trainees with me before they go on other floors. I try not to over think it I’ve been at this work for so long and this job in particular 9 years.

Muse4apoem OP May 4th

Plus I help the person I train and I tell them if it’s not exactly correct. I hate doing it in a way but I’m very jokey in real life so I’m light hearted about it.

genericbeing May 5th

@Muse4apoem Leader always, others seem to flock to me because I'm very smart

Kaleidoscope11 May 5th

@Muse4apoem

Well, for starters, I thrive when I work alone. Team work is just not my cup of tea🤷‍♂️

However, on this spectrum, I guess I'm more of a follower, as I don't feel like getting involved in responsibilities, or throwing orders here and there.

But if a certain situation needed me to be in a leadership position, I try to manage it (then I  yeet it to the first one willing to take it🏃‍➡️-)

Muse4apoem OP May 5th

I love working alone also. I can think so much better.

CaringCabbage May 6th

new-song-ariana.gif

@Muse4apoem I am definitely a leader as I always make sure I act on situations and don't wait for others to act first.

Muse4apoem OP May 6th

Love that take charge! ð©·