Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Improv - scenes from a hat

PineTreeTree March 12th

I’ve found the rules of improv are useful in new social interactions and even at work (not necessarily for laughs or entertainment either). So the rules are designed to keep the story moving forward. The most important principle is “yes, and…” This means that your responses should agree with the premise of the story and what the previous actors have added to the story. If you would like to learn more, see The top 5 rules for improv

Scenes from a hat are improv based on pulling a random scene descriptions from a hat and then playing out the scene. I’ll start with an example. Feel free to add to the scene or add a new scene to the hat. 

Scene from a hat: Terrible things to hear over a public announcement system.

My improv response: Ladies and gentlemen please exist the pool quickly but without splashing because…

(now it’s your turn 😁 to add to the story)

Tinywhisper11 March 22nd

@Tinywhisper11 ok this might be a trigger to some people here, I apologise to any killers ❤

new scene🤔🤔🤔 trying to find a job....

PineTreeTree OP March 22nd

@Tinywhisper11 … trying to find a job with a dead pirates parrot on your shoulder?

@Tinywhisper11 scenes from a hat, not scenes from the prison yard 😂 

Tinywhisper11 March 22nd

@PineTreeTree 😂😂😂

Tinywhisper11 March 22nd

@PineTreeTree so the interviewer for Specsavers, said "um. Do you know that parrots dead??" In which I replied......

fruityBubbles925 March 22nd

Oh, I thought it was a mute parrot, I wondered why it wasn't squeaking or eating, then I realised out the corner of my eye........

@fruityBubbles925 that the job interviewer was trying to poke the parrot with a pencil to see if it was in fact dead…

Tinywhisper11 March 23rd

@PineTreeTree it fell to the ground😭😭 I'm upset, but I gotta tell you it's a huge weight of my shoulders😭😂😂 anyway the interviewer then asked me to leave. So my next job interview was at a company that cleans sewers....

PineTreeTree OP March 23rd

@Tinywhisper11 I thought it might be a refreshing change after my job in politics…

Tinywhisper11 March 24th

@PineTreeTree but the interviewer poured a bucket of fresh poop on my head and said " if you can stand having that happen and dont mind the stench, then you got the job" shocked to my very core I got up and replied......

PineTreeTree OP March 24th

@Tinywhisper11 Yes yes yes! Much better than my old job! When do I start?

new scene: You are a cave man/woman being interviewed by a news anchor man/woman from this century

Tinywhisper11 March 24th

@PineTreeTree anchor lady " what do you think about modern society?? " me "ooo aaaa ggrrrr ooooo I like dinosaurs oo grrr eee" 

@PineTreeTree Anchor person: So mr cave man, I understood that you just returned from a rock concert here I Los Angeles. Tell us how you liked it? 

Cave man: lots noise, no rocks