Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Cheap Stress Relievers

Whatโ€™s the most stress-relieving thing you can get/do for less than $20?

Tinywhisper11 Sunday

@jesusredeemedme2425 go for a walk in nature, paint a picture, do some gardening, sleep, eat icecream, play a game, watch the sunrise/sunsetย 

@jesusredeemedme2425

For me, what came to mind was going to the library and checking out as many books as I want to read and relax with. ๐Ÿ“šย 

Ooh I do that!!! Especially with kidsโ€™ books lol

@jesusredeemedme2425

Same! I like seeing if any copies of my favorite childhood series are available. ๐Ÿ˜„

jesusredeemedme2425 OP Tuesday

Ooh like what??? <3

TheAutumnWitch Tuesday

@jesusredeemedme2425

The Rainbow Magicย series by Daisy Meadows. I discovered it when I was about six years old (in my mid 20s now), and itโ€™s still going! I was really into it when I was in elementary. The series turned into a cash cow franchise ages ago, but Iโ€™m willing to overlook that for any particular books that interest me.ย 

Never heard of it! What is it? <3

TheAutumnWitch Tuesday

@jesusredeemedme2425

Itโ€™s a series about two young girls who become best friends and meet fairies together. The original arc was The Rainbow Fairies, which involved the girls, Rachel and Kirsty, meeting each other and the aforementioned Rainbow Fairies. The Rainbow Fairies were thrown into the human world by Jack Frost (also a fairy, but more malevolent), so Rachel and Kirsty help them get back to Fairyland. After the success of The Rainbow Fairies, the author came up with more fairies for Rachel and Kirsty to go on adventures with and help out, with Jack Frost always being the source of trouble. Itโ€™s a wholesome read well-suited for about 3rd-grade level, and I really love the illustrations (examples below).

Rachel (on the right; light hair in a ponytail) and Kirsty (on the left; dark hair in pigtails):

img-5718_1719902376.jpeg

Goldie the Sunshine Fairy, part of The Weather Fairies arc, which came right after The Rainbow Fairies:

img-5792_1719902430.jpeg

Awww that looks cute <3

Pretend youโ€™re a blob and ponder about deep psychological questions and also fall asleep while doing that cause itโ€™s quite boring

So basically, what I do every day? ;)

@jesusredeemedme2425 I like to go to the dollar store or thrift store and buy sensory toys or a notebook for journaling on occasion when I'm feeling down. Recently, my gym put in a free toy machine for little stress balls and animal erasers.

@jesusredeemedme2425ย I like to go to the dollar store or thrift store and buy a sensory toy or a notebook for journaling. Sometimes, I give them as gifts to my friends. My brother currently has one of my stress balls at work. Recently, my gym put in a free toy machine for squishy stress animals and animal erasers.

Heather225 Tuesday

@AriaRogueSinclair

A free toy machine?? that sounds so cool!

Tinywhisper11 Tuesday

@jesusredeemedme2425ย 

Remember everyone therapy is expensive, bubble wrap is not

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

And fidget spinners!!! Lol

Tinywhisper11 Tuesday

@jesusredeemedme2425 yep๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

fireflyyv Wednesday

@jesusredeemedme2425

Cheap arcade games are really fun and stress-relieving for me

jesusredeemedme2425 OP Wednesday