Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The turmoil of friendships.

passionateSea2002 January 6th

Throughout our lives, we think our friends are the ones we played with, studied with, or just met along the way. Were they really my friends? Did I really enjoy myself in their company? I'm grateful for the role they've played in my life, and I wish I could be a good part of their lives too. But I feel I have the tendency to leave. I can't hold on to connections that feel draining to me. I can't hold on to people who make me feel happy too. I let go of people easily. All I'm left with is grief, some memories, and a few shades of loneliness. Every phase of my life introduced me to new kinds of people, but who did I really connect with? What is friendship to me? I've been trying to understand it, and honestly, I think I'd love it if someone could help me understand what it is and how to make it a part of our lives. I'm not saying that I don't need friends. We are humans after all. Social Animals. We crave connection. A genuine one. Then I question myself. Should I try being happy alone, or should I adjust myself to feeling alone in a group of people? All these questions make me question myself. Is there something I've been doing wrong? Is there something I need to work on? I wonder how people who, at one phase of life, were a part of our lives, but the next phase, just turns them into people we just met at that time.

Jenna January 14th

@passionateSea2002

It sounds like you're going through a reflective phase, questioning the nature of your connections and the meaning of friendship in your life. It's not uncommon for people to reassess their relationships and evaluate the impact they have on their well-being. Friendship is a complex and evolving concept. Different phases of life bring new people, experiences, and challenges. It's natural to contemplate the depth of connections and whether they contribute positively to your life. Understanding your own needs, boundaries, and priorities can be important in forming meaningful connections. It's okay to prioritize your well-being and let go of connections that feel draining. Healthy relationships should bring joy and support. However, finding a balance between being happy alone and connecting with others is a personal journey. It might involve discovering more about yourself, your interests, and the kind of companionship that aligns with your values. As you navigate these questions, remember that personal growth often involves self-discovery and learning from experiences. Don't be too hard on yourself; everyone's journey is unique. Friendship is a dynamic process, and what matters most is that it adds value to your life. As you explore and evolve, you may find new ways to foster connections that align with your authentic self.