Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My bestfriend betrayed me

neatSpruce4536 1 day ago

I m just 17 . Just got into college with my bestfriend (maybe not even friend now)lets call her amy. We both have been friends since 7th standard and It always felt better having her by my side. We were going to different schools but we decided to go to same college an We did it. I was expecting my college life to be best .Amy and I chose same room in hostel and it's 2 seater. We got the whole space to ourselves. Then came her school friend( let's call her peggy). Even though she is in different room in hostel and goes to different class in college but now Amy and her are always chit chatting and talking about Idk what. At first I thought it was normal but with time they started talking in their own gestures or secret codes. First both them went out and I was alone in hostel and then again other day they both went somewhere. Then they came back and lied to me about going. They are definitely hiding something. I saw chat in Amy's phone when three of us were sitting in the room and they both were texting each other that when I will go out of room so that they both plan something. They were cursing me😭. My mom trusts her alot and I can't tell her anything but at night they both hangout or goes on walk and I am always alone in the room. Idk what to do. It's my first semester and I can't leave in any condition . I don't have any friends beside Amy and now what should I do? How will I spend four years? I want to make her realise everything but I can't. I just *** up😭

Phoenixthepoised 15 hours ago

@neatSpruce4536

I’m really sorry to hear you’re going through this. It’s hard when someone you’ve been close to suddenly seems distant, especially in a new environment like college. Feeling left out and seeing your friend act in secretive ways can be really painful.

First, it’s important to take care of yourself. Try to find some activities on campus that interest you or look for clubs where you can meet new people. It might help to expand your circle and find others to connect with.

As for your friendship with Amy, it could be worth having an honest conversation with her about how you’re feeling. You could express that you’ve noticed things have changed and that you miss the connection you had. It’s possible she might not realize how her actions are affecting you.

Remember, you deserve to feel supported and valued in your friendships.