Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Caring, the most complex of relationships

sooty41 April 22nd, 2023

I have been unwell today and therefore my reserves are low. I have spent the last 25 years or more caring for various family members. Some i cared for with all my heart and others out of a sense of duty and because we all deserve to feel loved when we are ill and approaching the end of our life. I still have one caring role to fulfill and i am ever so weary. I started caring at 13 and soon i will be 50.

I will fulfill this last caring journey and after that i can do no more. I am empty, depleted and ever so weary. This will take every last reserve to fulfil to the best of my ability. I will do it out of love, although the love is not reciprocated. I will do the right thing, always.

I am tired and wandering into the territory of self pity....which i detest. But in my weaker moments i ask the universe, the Divine, etc.....why am i not worthy of love ? But dwelling in self pity gets us nowhere. Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start. And we only progress in this life by facing our challenges head on and battling through. So tomorrow i will channel my inner Boudica and fight the good fight. Strength and love to all xxx

innateJoy9602 April 30th, 2023

@sooty41

I appreciate you for being such a caring soul and dedicating so much time to look after others.

That’s so kind and warm of you! Please don’t forget to look after yourself as well! <3

Sending positive thoughts and strength back💜

kylee0647 April 30th, 2023

Im so sorry for what you are dealing with but I'm here to say thank you. I know many people appreciate you, even if you dont know it. Please try your best, I believe in you!!

sooty41 OP April 30th, 2023

Thank you both for caring and sharing such kind sentiments. Sending love and hugs xx

PeacefulSun5009 May 9th, 2023

@sooty41

Know that you are worthy of love and care, and I hope you can find ways to show love and kindness to yourself as well. You deserve to be happy and fulfilled, and I hope you can find ways to replenish your reserves and find joy in your life.

sooty41 OP May 9th, 2023

@PeacefulSun5009

sending love to you for such kindness xxx