Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Appreciating Caregivers

Hope August 13th, 2023

Hi everyone! I hope you are well. Being a caregiver can be quite an underappreciated role. Sometimes there is no income, other times it pays less, but regardless of what kind of role you are in, caregiving can feel like a thankless job.

If you are a caregiver or have worked with one. What do you think is the best way to acknowledge and apprciate the efforts of a caregiver?

soulsings August 13th, 2023

@Hope I thiank you for this post. The hardest thing for me is to do some act of kindness which may involve time and inconvenience and just have it not be receognized by the person that I am doing it for.

I am starting to set expectations that are more realistic such as doing it because it is the right thing or because I want to do it.

I think it is difficult to recognize caregiving because it is more than a kind act. It is a way of life that involves a commitment to help another or others. But just that we are talking about it is an act of recognition.

So thank you for caring about caregivers.

delightfulUnicorn38 September 26th

@Hope

If you are a caregiver or have worked with one. What do you think is the best way to acknowledge and apprciate the efforts of a caregiver?

sending a thankful card, saying thank you; gifts, offering help and support