Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Narcissistic Abuse from Mother

abusedbyMother May 14th

I'm reaching out here because I'm in desperate need of support and guidance. For years, I've been enduring the torment of having a narcissistic and abusive mother. Her manipulation, gaslighting, and emotional abuse have taken a toll on my mental health, leaving me feeling lost and broken.

Recently, the situation escalated even further. My girlfriend and I were expecting a child, but my mother's interference led to her pressuring my girlfriend into aborting the pregnancy. This loss has been devastating for both of us, and she left me. I’m ashamed that I couldn’t stand up for her against my mother and it feels like my mother has stolen yet another piece of my life away from me.

I feel like I've been robbed of years of mental peace and happiness because of my mother's toxic behavior. I'm struggling to cope with the trauma and pain, and I don't know where to turn for help. I feel isolated and alone in this situation, and I'm afraid of what the future holds if I continue to let my mother's influence control my life.

I'm reaching out to this community in the hopes of finding support and advice on how to heal from this trauma and break free from the cycle of abuse. If anyone has been through similar experiences or has any resources or coping mechanisms to share, I would be incredibly grateful.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. Any support or guidance you can offer would mean the world to me.

i just wish i had a normal mother.

toughTiger6481 May 14th

@dynamicSun3195

I am sorry for your loss...

This treatment does not just repair itself... just deal with her as little as possible and work on finding / funding independence... then limit contact and set boundaries many ways to deal with a narcissist although i do not like labels unless professionally diagnosed.    Learning to stand up and say NO can be hard when you have always gave in but it is super important for your independence. 

https://psychcentral.com/disorders/how-to-talk-to-someone-with-narcissistic-tendencies 

AmyPondd May 23rd

@abusedbyMother

I'm truly sorry to hear about the pain and suffering you've endured due to your mother's abusive behavior. It takes tremendous courage to reach out for support, and I admire your strength in doing so. You deserve to feel safe and supported.

Dealing with a narcissistic and abusive parent is incredibly challenging, and it's not your fault that you've been unable to stand up to her. Abusers often use manipulation and control tactics to maintain power over their victims, making it difficult to break free from their influence.

You're not alone in this journey, and there are people who understand what you're going through and can offer support and guidance. It's important to prioritize your mental health and well-being, and seeking professional help from a therapist or counselor who specializes in trauma and abuse can be incredibly beneficial.

In addition to professional support, connecting with others who have been through similar experiences can provide validation, understanding, and hope.

Healing is a journey, and it's okay to take things one step at a time. You have the strength and resilience to overcome this, and you deserve to live a life free from the pain and control of your mother's toxic behavior. You're not alone, and there is hope for a brighter future ahead.

bubbleCar1742 May 23rd

@abusedbyMother

I'm so sorry to hear this I don't know why it's just like this for people like us. My parents and their relatives abuse me too but I'm not old enough to leave and I've been searching for help as well.

akunknown June 17th

@abusedbyMother

“For years, I've been enduring the torment of having a narcissistic and abusive mother.”

I’m real sorry about you being this situation. You have my full support and sympathy my friend bc having experienced this with my own toxic mother I completely understand what you’re going through. 

Please reach out to me when you wanna talk about this. Some solutions to try may come out of it. 

In the meantime, my advice to you is to distance yourself from her as much as possible for as long as possible. Get out of the house for the day and have some fun enjoying the day by yourself or with friends, go to college in another state or country, things like that.