Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My family os beyond toxic

Oceanthinking8455 November 4th, 2021

Hi i dont really know how this works but i wanted to share my story, any advice or comment/opinion is welcome as long as is costructive and polite ... in my house, my parents abuse me mentally, from all my life. Thqy also abuse verbally ALWAYS, and physically its happened. They manipulate every interaction, every word, everything. Beyond normal. Beyond imagination. They just told me lies all my life. They hate me. From always. I don't know why. Always treated me bad anytime they could.

And now that im older (im 21) i start to sense that my mother maybe is jelous of me. And is orrific and disgusting to understand. She envies me. And she hates me from all my life. Any interaction we have, even the most insignificant one, she finds a way to bring me down. With like one sentence. And im tired. Im exausted. Im not like her. Im not like any of them. From all my life. Its so weird, but that's how it is. She wants control, on everything. And my father is a big misogenist. He just doesn't care about me at all. He'se completely fake. Fakes in everything. But anytime i wanted to detach from them, they blocked me from doing it. With all the other familiar members. They have ways of manipulating, crazy ones. I also have a condition that makes my life difficult. A lot. So for me independence is a bit difficult to achieve. And they make just everything worse. I don't know what to do anymore. They still are jelous of me. And treat me bad always. I really don't know what to do. Thank you for anyone who will read this and give me an opinion or something. I hope it's comprensible, its really tiring even triying to explaining it for me ...

jotee November 5th, 2021

hi @Oceanthinking8455 😭 your story sounds terrible!! parents should be there for their children, love them, and take care of them. not actively seek to hurt them!

you are really smart by noticing this, and trying to get some independence. but it didn't work, you said. and its hard to be independent when you have a physical illness that requires the help of others.

i too was dependent on my parents. they weren't as bad as yours. they didn't actively seek to hurt me all the time. but they did stuff they shouldn't have done. they hurt me, maybe because that's what their parents did to them. i have a auto immune disorder, and my mother came along to every doctors visit. when i was sick, i needed her to take care of me. when i made money, it went to my father. he said he'll give it back, but i know it wont see the light of day. one day, I decided that i needed my independence. i needed to choose my own life. i secretly opened a bank account. i was terrified! for my doctors, i changed the number from my mothers to my cell phone. i had some visits without their knowledge. i was diagnosed with another issue, without their knowledge. when getting a new job, i went to interviews without letting them know. i only told them after i confirmed with my boss that i was taking the job.

the way you are living now, is not normal. but you gotta outsmart your parents. i suggest you make a list of things that you want to be doing. tackle 1 item at a time. do it smartly. yes, theyll get mad. yes, theyll hurt you for it! but youll be gaining your independence. its easier said then done. let some friends in on your case so they can help you and support you. try imagining a life without your mother, and take some action in that direction.

you sound like you could have been my sister in some ways. i dont know what to say. this is terrible. if you don't like my suggestions, then just take it as caring and support.

keep us posted, ❤️ Jo

Oceanthinking8455 OP November 20th, 2021

Hi @jotee thank you for your words, sorry but i didnt received any notification so im answering now. Its so complicsted and sick my mind hurts, but for real, physically. I dont know why im in this place and why im so different than them. Theyre sick. To a point i cant comprend. Sadly im so tired sometimes, phyisically and mentally, that i feel like i cant do anything anymroe. I have moments where i think of ******* myself for real. Its not fair. Its really not faair to live like this. They always find a way to bring me back in the abuse. And im weak beocuse its been years of it. And i have a condition. And my "friends" thst i tried to talk with minimize it and say im exaggerating it, beocuse they cant even comprend what that is. They dont even immagine that it can exist something like that. Idk whst to do anymore .... thank you for your words anyway