Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

tips on gaining weight?

dapperSea4893 February 11th, 2021

I'm trying to gain weight but i'm not having luck. does anyone have tips on nutrition to gain weight or how to increase portion size? it would really help.

PoliteOcean February 11th, 2021

Hi there! Without knowing your full health history it could be challenging to actually devise a plan to help you “gain” weight. As a healthcare provider myself I have to first question if there is a medical reason why you aren’t gaining any weight? And also, what things have you already tried in the past to do so? There are various options to safely doing it such as increasing portion sizes in your daily meals and talking into account things like your metabolic needs, macros, dietary needs etc...things like that. But an even healthier way to go about it, might be to talk with your actual healthcare provider or a nutritionist (which you might be referred to anyway by your provider). Who could help you to devise a safe and beneficial plan that can help you in the way you desire to be helped. Best of luck to you on your goals ahead. We are here to support you!

dapperSea4893 OP February 11th, 2021

I don’t think there is a medical reason, it just really hard to eat enough to even start gaining weight. I think I’m eating less calories than my body needs to burn throughout the day. But thank you, I will talk to my doctor when I can.