Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's up with me and the apples?

sadcat13 January 20th

Some of you may know that I refer to apples a lot in my posts, responses, or with my emoji use, associating it with peak great stuff. But... Why?

- first of all, I have a lot of positive childhood memories associated with them. My dad peels us an apple almost every day since we were kids, and despite being 23 now, he never stopped. It is a symbol of ultimate love in my eyes. We also had apple trees at my grandma, and the apples from them were the best I ever had. Dad often travelled through half of the country to get some, when it was harvest time. With my other grandma, she often told me how my first bilingual realisation was concerning the word apple, when I understood that the two words both mean apple. We also had a lot of peeled and chopped up apples there, adding to the pile of great memories and positive associacion.

- I used to share apples with my friends at school, since I always had some packed with my food

- Last but not least, it is my main source of vitamins and the safest safe fruit out there. I am often in panic of eating other fruits. Pear has texture. Bananas can be hard to devour for me. Tangerines and oranges are delicious but stress me out sometimes. Grapes and blueberries are fine but I still have a little stress around it. Pineapple can be eaten only in a cake. No kiwi or raw pineapple because it hurts my mouth and I panic that I'm having a reaction. No mango, avocado and strawberry because allergies and allergic predisposition. So if I'm having a hard time with my ARFID, the fruit I'm most likely to eat with the least panic attached is an apple. It keeps me going and protecting my health on days where I can barely get down anything out of fear it will make me get an allergic reaction. It also helps me devour when my belly gets upset.ย 

So to sum it up, apples carry a meaning of comfort, warmth, home, acceptance, safety and love in my eyes like no other. They are the way people showed me love all my life, and how I showed love to others ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ

Do you have an uncommon association like that with any (doesn't have to be food related) object?

@sadcat13

Awwww thank you for sharing this, Cat. The other day you tagged some of us and referred to us as your "apples" in the valentine's-poem thread, and now knowing how incredibly comforting and special "apples" are for you, makes that tag a 100 times more special, for me, thank youuuu so much.๐Ÿคง๐Ÿ’–

I love how we have something that means so much to us, like a comfort-object that brings those happy, peaceful, comforting feelings hehe. Was a very wholesome read, I loved it!๐Ÿฅฐ

For youuu:ย hellokitty-schoolkitty.gif

sadcat13 OP January 20th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Thank you for your wholesome response and the apple, this gif is so cute ๐Ÿ˜Š yesss apples hold a special place in my life and heart, just like you all here in the community, that's why I used it in the poem ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ

@sadcat13 Super happy to hear that!๐Ÿฅฐ

sadcat13 OP January 20th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽ

WeEarth February 25th

@sadcat13

Unfortunately, I don't have any uncommon association, but will try to find out and let you know here๐Ÿ˜

Apples and grapes for you, specially picked from the magical garden of fairiesย ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‡

a77ac5b8-e9eb-4ab6-b295-4b41e940245b_1708870931.jpg

sadcat13 OP February 25th

@WeEarth that's so cuuuuuteย ๐Ÿ˜ญ thank youuuย ๐Ÿ˜Š

WeEarth February 25th

@sadcat13

ย gracias-muchas.gif