Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Body dysmorphia disorder

mariellatesora August 23rd, 2022

Hi there, is anyone else experiencing body dysmorphia?

innateJoy9602 August 23rd, 2022

@mariellatesora

Hello!

I’m sorry you are struggling with body dysmorphia<3

I hope you find comfort with others in this community.

Meeting people we can relate to does help us feel supported.

Sending you hugs<3 💛✨

loafbread1234 July 10th, 2023

yup. Can't go outside without a hoodie. (even when its 90-100 degrees Fahrenheit)

KristenHR July 27th, 2023

@loafbread1234

This must be very uncomfortable in the heat. I'm glad you've shared, even though I'm just now seeing this.

smolkuma July 1st, 2023

Soooo much and so often

@smolkuma

Thanks for sharing that this is a struggle for you. I'm glad you've posted.

jrk27 July 10th, 2023

@mariellatesora

I am 52. I have struggled with it since my teens when my eating disorder developed then. I had anorexia for 20 years onset age 14. After recovery still struggled with the mind issues of body dysmorphia to this day.

@jrk27

It is definitely a challenge to deal with body image and eating disorders and everything under these issues. You've had a long time with dealing with these. I'm so thankful you've reached out and shared that this is a struggle.

nightowlwho July 25th, 2023

Hi I think I still have it. I have been called a fat kid when I was 15. In the summer that year I started having this really unhealthy relationship with food. I kept trying to vomit up whatever I ate at the time and because I was restricting what I eat so much I binge eat in the midnight. I hated myself back then. Even though it was a really unhealthy way to lose weight and I ended up losing my period for a year, it kind of worked. And I have stayed at a lower than healthy BMI since. But even as an adult and ten years has passed I still look in the mirror and hate myself in it.

@nightowlwho

I hate to hear you are still struggling with your body image, but it is a big struggle that is a beast to deal with. I'm glad you've shared this is an issue. It takes a lot to share about something that is so personal as our bodies.

EgirlxD July 27th, 2023

all the time

@EgirlxD

I'm hearing you. Thanks for having the willingness to share this. I hope you will continue to share and be here with us to have a support as you deal with body image and any disordered eating that may be related to your body image if there is any.