Community /

Eating Disorder Support

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
Self-Care Challenge
by KristenHR
Last post
September 19th
...See more Self-care is a necessary part of recovery, though it has many, many ways to being done.  A lot of times people think that self-care needs to have time set aside that we spend an hour or a day just to do self-care.  I'm here today to challenge you to do self-care this week and to challenge your thinking on what self-care is! Self-care is a conscious act people take to promote their physical, mental, spiritual and emotional health. It can be something that is done in as short as 5 - 10 minutes or as long as a week.  It can be something done regularly or something done randomly.  It can be an old faithful activity, or something that you've never tried before. Let's discuss self-care for a bit. When you think about self-care in recovery, what comes to mind for you? What kinds of things do you do for your self-care that you find helps and works for you that others might find helpful, and how much time do you spend doing it? How did you decide which things to do for your self-care?  Did anyone help you get started? What is one thing this week that you could do for you that would be beneficial to your recovery that is taking care of you, and just being kind to you in the form of self-care? Please join me in discussing this and let's share how we utilize self-care in our recovery from eating disorders and other life challenges. Kristen
Introducing... Eating Disorder Care Package
by ASilentObserver
Last post
September 5th
...See more We are excited to announce a new initiative: Small Steps and Support Care Package for individuals on their journey to recovery from eating disorders. This care package is filled with handpicked information and resources aimed at promoting self-care, mindfulness, and encouragement. They're not a replacement for professional treatment, but a small token of support to let someone know they're not alone and their journey is recognized.  What's included? * Coping Skills  * Relapse Prevention Plan * Steps to take care of yourself * Various resources and links You can view/ download the Eating Disorder Care Package here [https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MnhQnwjxpFnJ3aiK0j9d5OAE1eK7epEX/view?usp=drive_link] Feel free to bookmark, or share it with anyone who might need it. Your care and support would make a difference in someone's recovery journey!  @heather225 @KristenHR @dancat1128
Eating Disorder Support Automated Taglist - New
by theriverissinging
Last post
August 4th
...See more This thread controls an auto-updating taglist. To see the current list, go to Eating Disorder Support Taglist [https://rarelycharlie.github.io/taglist?30c2f12674c3d76b794a13ccbe111c5a]. To add yourself to this taglist, press the Reply button in this post and write the exact words “Please add me.” To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Reply button in this post and write the exact words, “Please remove me.” Taglist to be used for check-ins, discussions, events and announcements. ------------------------- we'll be compiling the latest taglist through a process outlined here [https://www.7cups.com/forum/siteupdates/SuggestionsandProblemSolving_383/TeaCakeCompilingautomatedtaglists_291762/] every time we make a post.
Welcome to New Community Members
by KristenHR
Last post
August 4th
...See more Welcome to our Eating Disorders Community. I'm so glad you joined. Please feel free to make yourself at home and join in on threads that you can relate to or start one that shares what you need support for or have questions about. Let us help to support you with recovery and hope. Here are some links that might be helpful for you here at 7 Cups. Eating Disorder Self-Help Guide [https://www.7cups.com/eating-disorder-help/] Roll Call - Who's Here - Who Needs Support? [https://www.7cups.com/forum/eds/DiscussionsCheckins_1336/RollCallWhosHereWhoNeedsSupport_309388/] This is a thread to introduce yourself and help us to get to know you a little and to help us know how to better support you. Eating Disorder Support Automated Tag List. [https://www.7cups.com/forum/eds/DiscussionsCheckins_1336/EatingDisorderSupportAutomatedTaglistNew_281025/] This thread is where you add or remove yourself from the tag list to be notified of check-in threads, announcements for this subcommunity and other important things. Resources for the Eating Disorder Community [https://www.7cups.com/forum/eds/]This link provides several links of information. Guidelines specific to the Eating Disorder Community. [https://www.7cups.com/forum/eds/] This link provides specific guidelines just for the Eating Disorder Community that can be highly triggering. Our Community Guidelines * Refrain from mentioning specific weights or calorie counts to avoid triggering others. * Remember this is a support community - we should all be supportive of each other’s stories and struggles. * Everyone’s struggles are different; please avoid encouraging anyone to lose or gain weight. * Avoid overly graphic content and mark potentially sensitive posts with a ‘Trigger Warning’ at the top line of the post. * Pro-eating disorder content will not be tolerated. Welcome to each of you below! It's great to have you here in the Eating Disorder Community at 7 Cups! @VioletViolin, @LeavethePast, @admirableJoy2597, @patientSky1754, @gregariousSummer133, @lightMap102, @patientTiger6057, @bubbleLemon2832, @purplebonnie365, @charmingSouth2926, @RainMyles4,
Who Are You?
by KristenHR
Last post
May 13th
...See more Who are you? What things do you like about you? What talents & skills do you have? Remember - you are worth every positive step you take toward healing and recovery!
What's up with me and the apples?
by sadcat13
Last post
February 25th
...See more Some of you may know that I refer to apples a lot in my posts, responses, or with my emoji use, associating it with peak great stuff. But... Why? - first of all, I have a lot of positive childhood memories associated with them. My dad peels us an apple almost every day since we were kids, and despite being 23 now, he never stopped. It is a symbol of ultimate love in my eyes. We also had apple trees at my grandma, and the apples from them were the best I ever had. Dad often travelled through half of the country to get some, when it was harvest time. With my other grandma, she often told me how my first bilingual realisation was concerning the word apple, when I understood that the two words both mean apple. We also had a lot of peeled and chopped up apples there, adding to the pile of great memories and positive associacion. - I used to share apples with my friends at school, since I always had some packed with my food - Last but not least, it is my main source of vitamins and the safest safe fruit out there. I am often in panic of eating other fruits. Pear has texture. Bananas can be hard to devour for me. Tangerines and oranges are delicious but stress me out sometimes. Grapes and blueberries are fine but I still have a little stress around it. Pineapple can be eaten only in a cake. No kiwi or raw pineapple because it hurts my mouth and I panic that I'm having a reaction. No mango, avocado and strawberry because allergies and allergic predisposition. So if I'm having a hard time with my ARFID, the fruit I'm most likely to eat with the least panic attached is an apple. It keeps me going and protecting my health on days where I can barely get down anything out of fear it will make me get an allergic reaction. It also helps me devour when my belly gets upset.  So to sum it up, apples carry a meaning of comfort, warmth, home, acceptance, safety and love in my eyes like no other. They are the way people showed me love all my life, and how I showed love to others 🍎🍏 Do you have an uncommon association like that with any (doesn't have to be food related) object?
This or That Game
by KristenHR
Last post
August 1st, 2023
...See more Let's Have Some Fun! I always enjoy a little bit of fun as relaxing and a great way to connect with others. If you haven't every played "This or That", basically you respond to the of whether you would prefer The First option or the Second option. I always enjoy hearing why someone chooses this or that but do whatever is comfortable for you. To get us started here are two questions: Would you prefer art festival or music festivals? Would you prefer a pet or no pet?
Body dysmorphia disorder
by mariellatesora
Last post
July 27th, 2023
...See more Hi there, is anyone else experiencing body dysmorphia?
Welcome to the Eating Disorder Support Community! Introduce yourself Here!
by Jenn7Cups
Last post
July 1st, 2023
...See more Welcome friends! We are so glad that you have decided to join the EDS community! By joining here, keep in mind that you are one step closer to your recovery. Or maybe you are in recovery and just want some extra support. Either way, you should be very proud of yourself for reaching out and requesting the help you want/may need. Please feel free to introduce yourself to the rest of the community by replying to this post down below! You are welcome to use the icebreaker questions, or introduce yourself as you see appropriate. What is your preferred name/pronouns? What is your favorite animal and why? Example: My name is Jen, my preferred pronouns are she/her, and my favorite animal is a duck because they are so fluffy and adorable! _____ If you find yourself needing any assistance around here in the community, don't hesitate to reach out to one of the Sub-Community leaders by clicking HERE! [https://www.7cups.com/home/eds/#leaders]
Hello
by Wifidazze
Last post
May 23rd, 2023
...See more I'm serenity (they/them,she/her) 28 years old.
Word Association Game
by Shanna
Last post
May 22nd, 2023
...See more Felt like we could use a new game in the ED forums, it's been a little while! For this game, post the first word that comes to your mind after reading the word above yours--let's see how long we can go. I'll start: seagull
Inside Out
by ashwashere1336
Last post
May 7th, 2023
...See more Hey there... I hate writing this, so much right now. It means that I'm not as tough as I thought I was. Hi. I'm Chelsea. I'm here because I feel like my recovery needs an extra leg right now. I have been in recovery from EDs for over 13 years now. I have had years of total remission that have been some of the best I've seen. Unfortunately, I've also had some relapses here and there; some not too bad and at least one that was almost fatal a handful of years ago. However, since then, I have made a lot of progress and was in total remission in my book for a few years. I got married and had a son, and got my bachelor's degree. Unfortunately, I have been going through a lot of difficult transitions in the past year including finalizing my divorce, losing a job and losing my internship over a background issue. Needless to say, it's been rough and I've felt like total garbage. I have noticed myself restricting again and feel like it might be a red flag. Right now, my head is already yelling at me that it isn't that bad and I'm making too big of a deal, but the truth is I'm having a really hard time with myself and don't want things to get any worse. I've been there and don't want to go back. My family needs me. So I'm seeking support- how to get out of the mini-rut I'm in and stop using restriction to deal with how much I hate myself as a person I guess. I always feel like being thinner is a way to make myself "better" or redeem other failures in my life and it's hard not to go there looking to mine some self-worth. Anyway, I am sorry for the super long post. Thanks for taking the time to read. I look forward to receiving and giving support and learning from everybody here.
Hi
by pinkcats8320
Last post
January 28th, 2023
...See more Hey! I'm trying to recover from a eating disorder right now and I'm wondering if anyone that can relate would like to be friends so we can share experiences!!! but if not thats completely fine :) I know some ways that have helped me get over certain eating disorders I have had in the past and if anyone wants to know how I did it just message me and I will be happy to help you !!
Hey
by SamBleach07
Last post
November 27th, 2022
...See more Hey people, I’m trying my hardest to recover from my eating disorder and hoping that this community can help me along my journey I have anorexia and body dysmorphia
Emetophobia
by daku
Last post
November 7th, 2022
...See more Hello 👋 my name is Selin and I am 21 years old Im dealing with emetophobia. Im very scared to eat and have anxiety all the time. 🥺 If anyone has the same phobia please leave me a message and lets talk about this so we dont feel alone with this phobia❤️ I wish all of you a great day ❤️

Eating Disorder Support

Welcome to Eating Disorder Support! We are welcoming you with open arms and hope to be part of your recovery journey. All are welcome to participate, whether you are a family member watching a loved one struggling or struggling yourself. 

What are the different forum topics for Eating Disorder Support?

Anorexia Nervosa Support: A place for you to discuss issues relating to Anorexia Nervosa. 

Binge Eating Disorder Support: A place for you to discuss issues relating to Binge Eating.

Bulimia Support: A place for you to discuss issues relating to Bulimia.

Discussions & Check-ins: A place for general discussions and regular community check-ins.

General Support: Need any other support that doesn’t fit within another topic? Post it here!

Family and Friends of Individuals with Eating Disorders: Watching a loved on struggle with an Eating Disorder? Discuss it here.

Introductions, Fun & Games: A place to introduce yourself and take part in a variety of fun, games and icebreakers.

Recovery & Moving On: Recovering from an Eating Disorder? Share your story here!

How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable). Check-in with us, join a discussion, or start one! Alternatively, you can join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.

Helpful Threads

Taglist: Do you want to stay up to date with our community? Then join our tag list to be notified whenever there is a new discussion or update within the community!

Eating Disorder FAQ

Q: Are there any sub-community-specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

A: You can find Sub-community-specific guidelines below, which you should follow in addition to the general forum guidelines.

Help! I still have a question! 

If you need help, feel free to contact a community leader or post here, and someone will contact you!

Community Guidelines

The following are some guidelines specific to the Eating Disorder Sub-Community that we request you to follow along with the general Forum Guidelines. The purpose of these guidelines is to ensure a safe and supportive space for everyone, within this sub-community.

• Refrain from mentioning specific weights or calorie counts to avoid triggering others.
  • Remember this is a support community - we should all be supportive of each other’s stories and struggles.
  • Everyone’s struggles are different; please avoid encouraging anyone to lose or gain weight.
  • Avoid overly graphic content and mark potentially sensitive posts with a ‘Trigger Warning’ at the top line of the post.
  • Pro-eating disorder content will not be tolerated.
Community Leaders
Community Mentor / Teen Community Star