Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

unhealthy eating habits

silentbuster26 September 8th, 2023

hello there, i'm new here in this thread, i just want to share my struggle here, my eating disorder started in 2017, and up until now, i still have some unhealthy eating habits, i find it hard to do diet, i try intermittent but it seems like i got bigger than before, from [weight[ back when i was in college, i weigh now around [weight], [weight] is that what i gained, i try to use eating tracker and it seems not working, i buy some books about dieting and still fall on the unhealthy pattern of eating, i think the cause of myself overeating a lot is because of the emotional struggle that i had gone through for 7 years, i tend to shift my emotional stress on eating too much. i also tried exercising but i feel inconsistent and undisciplined. and when i saw my pictures now, i was shocked that i grew bigger that much compared to my relatives who are older than me. i feel insecure and shameful right now.

Edited Sept 9, 2023

toughTiger6481 September 10th, 2023

@silentbuster26

Identifying your eating triggers is a big step ..... Changing for your own reasons health/ fitting into clothes better whatever is important. you will not stick with it for someone else.

Weight Loss Industry made about 72 billion dollars a year...... pills/ books/ gadgets/ diets/ specialty food........ the industry WANTS perpetual customers that keep coming back .......so many items do NOT work....they want you to buy the next book or pill or whatever.

Food trackers are fine IF you are really putting in the "correct amount" and are realistic about serving sizes many are not , myself included. If you guesstimate it was a serving size.......... but was closer to 2 servings you are ONLY cheating on yourself.

Each time you do not want to exercise or put it off.... again you are only letting yourself down.... would you let someone else let you down again and again..... you need to be the tough love person to push you to change your lifestyle..... focus on what you gain with success not something you gave up.

i do not use diet because that imply temporary..... weight maintenance if you keep accountable to yourself and when you feel like "i want X food .".. ........your inside voice coach will say "REALLY? "

i struggled for long time until i knew if i cheated or rationalized on what i ate or if i exercised enough i KNOW i can not look in a mirror and LIE to myself.

Maybe that would work for you.

loralli23 September 19th, 2023
It is necessary to treat weight loss adequately. You need to understand that torturing yourself with diets and spending many hours in the gym is not an option. You should treat yourself with respect. For example, I started taking vitamins and supplements from Canada Drugs, started eating healthier (but I didn't give up junk food completely!). I also started going to yoga and cardio 3 times a week with my friends. Thanks to this, I managed to quickly start losing weight
KristenHR September 20th, 2023

@silentbuster26

It can be really frustrating when you feel like you are trying to lose weight and it isn't happening. Have you heard of intuitive eating? There is a really great book called Intuitive Eating. Here is a list of chapters in it. It really takes a look at eating from a different perspective.

intuitive-eating-chapters_1695215859.png

It can be very difficult to be kind to yourself, particularly as body shape and size changes. So glad you posted.

JinavaroMartin September 21st, 2023

Be kind to yourself #silentbuster26 . I got some unhealthy habits but now are resolved. If you want to talk, I am here.

Take care :)

Bye for now

silentbuster26 OP September 21st, 2023

@everyone

thank you for all the suggestions, it will be a great help on my fitness journey ☺️, i will give you an update once i had progress