Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

fell back into old habits

GriefAngel July 22nd, 2023

i was finally to the point where when i got asked what i wanted from the store, i had a few things in mind n was excited, ive watched myself slowly pull away from my fav foods again, wasting food, feeding mine to the dogs when nobodys looking, only eating alone, lying about what i ate or when, sleeping in to avoid eating, n when i thought to check the scale my heart dropped.. yet it feels like its an accomplishment and i don’t understand why, its a continuous struggle. im tired n ik i cant be the only one feeling this way

Mya000 July 25th, 2023

@GriefAngel I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a challenging time. It sounds like you're dealing with complex emotions and behaviors surrounding food and eating. You're not alone in feeling this way; many people face similar struggles.

It's important to acknowledge that disordered eating patterns can be tough to break free from, and it's not your fault. The feeling of accomplishment you mentioned might stem from the sense of control you believe you have over your eating habits. However, it's crucial to remember that healthy eating and self-care are essential for your well-being.

If you haven't already, consider reaching out to a professional who specializes in eating disorders or disordered eating behaviours. They can provide the support and guidance you need to navigate through this difficult time. Surrounding yourself with understanding and caring individuals, such as friends and family, can also be beneficial.

Remember, healing takes time, and it's okay to take small steps towards positive changes. Be gentle with yourself and seek help if you need it. You deserve support and care during this journey. Don't hesitate to reach out to someone who can assist you in finding a path towards a healthier relationship with food and yourself. Take care.

KristenHR July 28th, 2023

@GriefAngel

I'm so glad you've posted. I agree with what @Mya000 has shared. This is a safe place to keep sharing, and know that you are not alone in what you are struggling with.

Please keep posting as you need to.

GriefAngel OP July 28th, 2023

this was very comforting, thank you💜