Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

!!Vent! An experience with edtwt (and OSFED)

rainmakerhere September 29th, 2023

So.

In the course of six years I hated my body so bad I alternated restrictive behaviours to binges, purges and a lot of messy stuff which only led to keeping my barely normal weight constant.

And now, in the course of merely two months I decided to follow a full-ana diet, only to change two weeks later into my "final" decision: I am now working for a body who is physically strong and active, and, of course, skinny, but not in an excessive way.

Now 💀

only a few months ago, I had found out of edtwt through a forum and decided to get in it. They (we?) are a geoup of pro-ana and pro-mia people, essentially, pushing people to make the decision to lose weight in unhealthy ways. And I was so sure I wanted to acheive that, too.

What changed for me was trying sports again, for a mere hour. I liked the way I felt after. I felt stronger, and it felt good. I hadn't done a martial art since I was a child, I didn't remember how good it felt, I didn't understand how good doing sports makes you feel.

Of course, this didn't solve my problems entitely.

But damn, I'd like to show all those people in edtwt that ed's are just not the answer. Starving yourself won't make you happy, because it's phisically impossible. Strive for balance, and your body will reward you with a great amount of hormones that will make you feel better.

At least that's the plan for now. Perhaps when you start feeling phisically better, your mind will work more efficiently too, and you'll get a grip on your life. That's what I hope. That's what I must do right now.

Tomorrow's a different day, with new opportunities.

see you on the other side.

p.s. edtwt is just a bunch of people talking about stuff they know nothing about. I was a greatly active part of it, literally giving suggestions I myself knew nothing about. I mean it, it's useless, and a crazy idea.

Mya000 September 30th, 2023

@rainmakerhere I'm really glad to hear that you've made such a positive change in your mindset and approach to your health and well-being. It takes a lot of strength and self-awareness to shift away from unhealthy behaviours, and it's inspiring to see you embracing a healthier path.

Sports and physical activity can have a tremendous impact not only on your body but also on your mind and overall happiness. It's wonderful that you've rediscovered the joy of being active and feeling stronger.

Your determination to show others that extreme methods like those promoted in edtwt aren't the answer is commendable. I hope your journey continues to be filled with positive experiences, and you're right, tomorrow is indeed a new day with endless opportunities. Take care!