Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Part time blumic full time overweight

tiredbubble00 January 28th

Sadly food is my main interaction with the world .i eat when alone or sad usually alone and sad,i'm on meds and drugs for years and sure they help but not cure really.i just want to share

KristenHR January 31st

@tiredbubble00

I'm really glad that you shared.  You are in good company with others here sharing that you eat related to sadness and being alone. 

Many people eat to deal with emotions, a lot of times for comfort when they are difficult emotions.  Sometimes eating for emotions can be to celebrate and even when feeling happy.

Have you considered what eating when you are having these feelings does for you? 

If so, are you aware of anything else that you've considered doing to help you cope with these feelings?

tiredbubble00 OP February 2nd

No ,not really.I mostly feel angry and stuck before eating attack and just trying to distract myself while eating.It helps a little,damages more than help.

KristenHR May 26th

@tiredbubble00

I wish you had something that helps but I'm glad you are talking about it.  Talking can sometimes help to get out our feelings.  It usually takes a lot more.  I hope you figure out what more you need.  Keep posting as you are comfortable.

wittyMap7054 May 25th

@tiredbubble00

Emotional eating make me foodie. 

When sad food make me feel good. 

Family member r there but hard to understand me 

KristenHR May 26th

@wittyMap7054

A lot of people eat when they feel sad.  You're not alone with that.  It is pretty common when we have feelings that are distressing or upsetting to turn to food when we struggle to have other ways to manage these emotions. 

I'm glad that you are writing and sharing here.  I've found journaling to be beneficial when I've had to deal with intense of distressing emotions.  Have you ever tried something like that?  Some people like to draw, paint, or use other types of things for outlets.

wittyMap7054 June 3rd

@KristenHR

But journaling does not give that pleasure. Which foodd give

KristenHR June 3rd

@wittyMap7054

I don't think you are going to find anything that truly gives you the same feeling that the food does.  But there are ways to manage and to cope that helps to get us through.  You're right, journaling won't provide the same pleasure. 

I had to choose if my eating disorder was worth the damage that it was making in spite of the payoffs or pleasure, and I found that some of these other things reduced the guilt and shame I experienced from the food being the one controlling me, and me taking back control. 

Journaling isn't the only option - it's just one option.  What would be things you would like to do or try that could provide you with alternatives and coping skills?

wittyMap7054 June 5th

@KristenHR

I get your point.  U r right. 

Let see journalising helps.