Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Does this count as eating disorders ?

m1CHE11e June 11th

For a long time I struggled to eat the same amount of food as before. I eat half the amount of food I used to. Whenever I try to eat I get nauseated which makes me feel nauseous and want to vomit. I am also always dehydrated because water tasted disgusting to me like plastic. I have been adding honey to my water to help me drink it. I know maybe I should actually test this, but I'm a teenager and my parents would be *** if I asked them for help. I am adding this thread not just to ask if I have this disorder, but mostly because I want to ask if there are any advices I can get from others.

KristenHR June 12th

@m1CHE11e

I'm glad you're posting.  It's difficult when you're struggling to eat and/or drink.  Particularly when it doesn't taste right, or is making you nauseous or sick.  Have you considered talking to your school counselor or school dietitian for ideas?  Also, just having that support could be really beneficial.  You definitely aren't the only one who is struggling with this.

I can't give you any advice on this, but I can let you know that your struggle is real and it's okay to ask for help.  If you're not comfortable asking your parents for help, is there someone else you might feel comfortable asking for help?

m1CHE11e OP June 12th

I never tried to talk to my school counsellor, we have weird rules in school, we need a parent’s letter to talk to the school counsellor. And like I said I don’t really want my parents to know😢