Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Day 5,6 and 7 of fixing my Eating Disorder

amicableZebra1684 July 28th

( I will try to give daily updates on my diet , but sometimes I get too busy due to clg work is getting on , so in such times I will give updates of multiple days all toghether)

Day 5 (26jul) - Unfortunately I got bit sick bc it's rainy season here and monsoon has picked up it's full power , due to my trek I was wet all day , result in coughing and sneezing,.so I had medicinal herbs tea , but diet remained as it is

Day 6 (27jul) - I actually ate less today bc i had my lunch so late that I was full till my dinner , but I got a light dinner

Day 7 (28jul) - again, my nose is blocked , and I felt feverish today , every Sunday of my week is basically my off diet day , but all I eat on Sundays is rice , along with pulses , grains ,. vegetables , and I make sure not to over eat it , I don't eat rice all along week , I get prepared tiffins for whole week , but Sunday's I make myself , i can cook , but Sundays , I like to chill and relax , so I cook rice and some vegetable , have rest day , and study

Turtleonmyleftarm July 29th

@amicableZebra1684

Hi Zebra!
Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well. 
In terms of your relationship with food and with your own body image, how are you feeling?
You're explaining what you do every day, but how do you actually feel?

amicableZebra1684 OP July 29th

@turtleonmyleftarm you actually made me think for your question, it's mixed feelings out there i feel good physically and mentally when I'm on diet , but the thing is sometimes if I accidentally get even a small bite extra of something i can't deny no matter what , I get depressed, I see overeating as the last obstacle in my journey to get fit , I've been doing hum.since.2 yrs now , as of last year , when I moved out for my college, I started overeating and eating disorder grew. Before that I controlled myself a lot , *** this is reason I made.very small progress last year in my weight loss.

Rn , hunger isn't concern for me , the main problem is the depression I get when I even sometimes fail to control myself, I'm anti social, I have low self esteem and self confidence , bc of this I don't even have gf or not even friends , loosing weight and getting healthy is like a bit confidence booster for me , and bc i can't control my eating, eventually this being obstacle in my weight loss journey, and resulting again in being over weight , it scares me.

I started taking this seriously bc like in 40 days , I'm gonna go back to my hometown, bc few of my highschool frnds whom I didn't meet since 3-4yrs are gonna meet , I just want them to see positive changes in me , but whenever I get myself distracted , I'm getting depressed

@amicableZebra1684

I know how much you care about your progress and how important this journey is to you. I want to tell you that it is normal to have moments when you feel a little down, especially when you are so committed to a goal. It is at these times that it is important to be kind to yourself.

The fact that you have eaten a little extra does not negate all the work and progress you have made so far. Real progress is not measured by a single day or a single meal, but by the perseverance and commitment you have made over the long haul. Every step, even the ones that feel like a step backwards, is part of the journey.

If you happen to eat a little more than you planned and you feel the urge to throw it all away and go on eating, thinking the damage is done, stop for a moment and think about this: if you get a flat tyre on a car, it happens, you stop and change just that one. You don't stab the other three tyres until they're all flat too, just because the damage is already done. The same must apply to your diet! If you get off track, okay, it happens, you get back on track. Don't go on eating with the risk of feeling guilty and (really) ruin it all.

Remember that life is not all black and white. There are endless shades of grey and every experience will help you grow and learn. You are an incredibly determined person and you are doing a fantastic job. Don't let one little stumble make you lose sight of how far you've come.

When you return to the city and see your friends again, they will surely see your dedication and commitment. And I am sure they will have many other positive things to focus on; your weight will be the least of their thoughts. 

Be proud of yourself for every step forward you take, and don't let the hard times get you down. You are so much more than one mistake or one choice.

A big hug!

@Turtleonmyleftarm Thank you so much. Idk how do I express but I'm feeling so relieved rn talking abt this. I started this challenge with myself, but I lost my motivation suddenly, idk what was it but your question, and your such beautiful explanation seriously made me less worry about you , jidk how do I express myself but you really helped he out here , no one ever asked me this till today , and i finally think I found out what was actually demotivating me

@amicableZebra1684

I am glad that being able to talk about this with someone, even if not in person and even if we don't know each other, is helping you. 
Most of the times the answer is right in front of us, but we cannot see it until someone else points it out to us. 

Of course I know things are easier said than done. Otherwise I would not be here, looking for help and support myself for my eating disorder. But since I first came here to 7cups I've understood that helping others actually helps ourselves too. Especially if we start talking to ourselves as we would to a third person. So I hope you can find some solace and help here!

@Turtleonmyleftarm , yes it's been great while I've came to this app , even I find myself here to help others while I find help for me , , the answer was in front of me but I was blind enough to not see it , anyways thanks for it I sure got an another pov to look up on things now