Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I've stopped eating lately

loafbread1234 January 13th, 2022

So I'm 13 and soon will be 14. I am a bit on the chunky side of my body and have always been ashamed of it. I'm the kind of person to eat a lot when bored but lately I haven't been eating much at all. I haven't been eating breakfast, lunch and I will have a small portion dinner, then maybe a bag of chips later on. My stomach growls and makes rumbling noises around 2-5 times a day. I feel hungry but just don't want to eat. Same for liquids, I haven't been drinking as much water or anything lately. In the past week and a half I have lost around 13 pounds. I don't want to eat more because I'm afraid of gaining weight but at the same time I feel like I could be not taking care of my body properly by starving myself. I've been feeling more light headed and sometimes nauseous. Any advice?

anonyLemon4233 January 14th, 2022

Please seek medical advice. Your body is showing you that it needs attention.

After visiting a doctor I suggest you contact a counsellor at your school and share your concerns.

I hope your family can support you through this

loafbread1234 OP January 14th, 2022

@anonyLemon4233

The only problem is that I'm scared. I don't like talking about my body for 1 and I don't like to talk about my problems with school staff or parents.

anonyLemon4233 January 14th, 2022

It's OK to be scared if you've never done it.

I wish that when I was young I had the possibility of speaking to a counsellor. It may have avoided a lot of damage I'm still trying to remedy 30 years after...

So try think of it this way - it is scary to talk but it is also scary to let things get worse... You are in time to take steps for yourself and you have been courageous enough to do it here...

Maybe try anonymous online crisis lines or else why not try here on 7 cups with a listener and see if then it would help to move to therapy online?

loafbread1234 OP January 15th, 2022

@anonyLemon4233 i told a doctor and they said its probably just a virus or something. they didnt help at all -_-

anonyLemon4233 January 15th, 2022

To get help you need to share your story. What you shared here. Doctors cannot read minds. Or try a different doctor. It takes some trials but if you had courage to share here I think you are one step closer to managing your fear. Thinking of you.

tas54722 February 10th, 2022

Please talk to someone I’m 19 and started having a mindset like that at your age and it’s still in the back of my head. You’ll thank yourself when your older, it’s really not worth it honey please love yourself life will treat you so much better I promise