Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

If your ED was a person, what would it look like?

Monarda February 24th, 2016

My therapist is so helpful. She means the world to me and she's taken the time to help so much more than anyone else I've worked with.

One time, we were talking, and she suggested something. She said "So, take this pencil and some paper and draw what your eating disorder would look like as a human being."

I thought it was an amazing idea, so I'm suggesting it to you!

So, what would your ED look like as a person? Tell me, I'd love to hear :)

schenkm23 February 24th, 2016

My therapist is so helpful. She means the world to me and she's taken the time to help so much more than anyone else I've worked with.

One time, we were talking, and she suggested something. She said "So, take this pencil and some paper and draw what your eating disorder would look like as a human being."

I thought it was an amazing idea, so I'm suggesting it to you!

So, what would your monica look like as a person? Tell me, I'd love to hear :)

Jinks February 26th, 2016

a mixture of and taylor swift and angelina jolie.

Anomalia March 3rd, 2016

That's a great question, and definitely not something I've thought through before. Hmmm...

I think mine would be a stereotypical jock-bully from high school who is really scary and mean at the time, but who when you see again 10 years later just seems sort of pitiful because they never grew up and moved on, while I have made so much more of my life. And they're probably balding now. :)

Anomalia March 3rd, 2016

@Jessicaml237 - you mentioned in another thread that your eating disorder is named Marg. What would she look like?

sereneSunshine20 March 30th, 2016

my eating disorder looks like my shadow. It is skinny and elongated, and dark in color because it is scary, I call it my shadow because it is always with me, even on my good days, it is still there.

kiley25 April 2nd, 2016

My ED would be a pretty lady in a dress and high heels, carrying a clipboard with everything I'm not written on it. She would have a teasing voice, and her name would be Priscilla.

MidniteAngel April 3rd, 2016

I've always seen different shades of my personality as people. Meet Imeria. She's around the age of 16 or 17, and has a very petite frame (About 4'11 like me, but much thinner). She has long, thick flowing black hair, with dark skin and eyes.

She is like a prettier, meaner, more confident, manipulative version of me. Imeria seems like an absolute princess at first, and is very femine (loves fashion and makeup). She's flirty and out going - just your typical popular mean girl. However she's an absolute monster who loves tearing people down by their souls. I have a love hate relationship with her. She's everything I want to be, but she loves filling me head with lies and pretty promises. She has the face of an angel and a heart of ice.

LonelyGummyBr April 14th, 2016

I would probably view her as beautiful and perfect at first, but as time goes on, I'll start realizing how horrid she actually is.

happyfoot15 August 4th, 2016

My ED would look grotesque in person because in my head she looks perfect

summertimeSamness July 12th, 2018

^^^My ED would look something like this ^^^

I made this one night when i was in a dark place

Paytonfaye2003 July 13th, 2018

@summertimeSamness

Hi. I have an too

CookieBears July 13th, 2018

Perhaps like those people off of My 600 Pound Life (nothing against the people on this show– obviously it's very hard to lose that much weight, props to them) with an angry, punishing look on their face as they glare at me. I have binge eating disorder.

anabellamia1189 July 13th, 2018

the characters that I read and write about. pretty, perfect, model thin. dark hair and dark eyes. a perfect version of me, with a shadow that stretches and covers her always, always in darkness. its like she's waiting beyond the final steps unable to take, beckoning with a hand to become her. I don't want to be her, but at the same time, I am so desperate to be like her, to be so perfect and unattainable and untouchable.