Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Ed

hannakimm September 3rd

Hello, i just wanna know how to control binging. Well im not actually a binge eater but rather in-between of binging and not eating. I already searched enough about this matter but i just wanna hear ppl out. I always limit myself but always ending up binging. 

Phoenix22k September 3rd

@hannakimm

Hi there! Welcome to the club :)

I have also done a lot of research on the topic and have struggled with binge eating. Something that helps me is trying to eat at regular times each day, and ensuring that at each meal I am eating enough to be satisfied. It may not seem like much but having consistency if you are able to helps.

In between meals is a challenge for me too. I far too often am bored and then "ed brain" kicks in and tells me to eat. I try and keep myself occupied with something, and have even made lists of things to do instead of eat. Oddly, cleaning/organizing tends to be a help here and it gives me some satisfaction.

We all have different "answers" to this, but those are some strategies that help me from time to time!

KristenHR September 5th

@hannakimm

Welcome.  I'm glad you've joined us!  One of the things that I've learned is that if I skip meals then there is the tendency to want to eat more later.  Eating smaller meals and snacks regularly helps to reduce that.  Also emotions and boredom impact that.

I think Phoenix gave a lot of good feedback as well, very much my experience.  Having support helps a lot as well.  Here, support groups, educating ourselves about it all can be beneficial if those resources are available.   NEDA is a great educational resource as well.  

Yaso September 6th

Hello , I have same problem with emotional eating and binging

These days I tried to see the feeling which is hiding behind feeling of starving , and try to understand needs in that second too

Sometimes I can do that and others not

Also i teach myself to not be judgmental on myself even when feel starving

Try to eat only a little healthy thing when start feeling a little bit starving

Allow yourself to eat more than you need of healthy food without feeling guilty.

Forgive yourself when you eat unhealthy food and stop eating it immediately.

Continue on this difficult and worthy journey for your life.