Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Confused about my Values

ArianaMay March 31st, 2018

Hey everybody,

Does anyone ever find they can get confused about what they value or who they are sometimes?

For me that's been coming up a lot in therapy - questions about what I value, my interests etc. I've been so frustrated trying to separate myself from my eating disorder. When I think about what's important to me now I'm not sure where my motivation comes from. I'm not sure how to work through that. It's an awful feeling to feel lost in that way.

Booklover95 March 31st, 2018

@ArianaMay

Is only normal. First because as we grow up we change and develop more (so time is a factor here), and then as you mentioned you're dealing with alot right now. For the first time someone is helping you figuring out things , so you're being aproached with alot of new perspectives and it can be hard to find yourself. But don't worry! Is only natural :) We all struggle with this in our lives, there's always these weird periods when we completly lose ourselves. But if you keep working on yourself, going to therapy and having an open mind about things you'll eventually find yourself.

Best of luck heart

ArianaMay OP March 31st, 2018

@Booklover95

Thanks for your encouragement. I am trying to stay positive. I am glad I am not the only one that's gone through this. My therapist keeps telling me I am working hard and making progress but from my own perspective I just feel stuck. Sometimes I wish I knew someone that's struggled with this and has fully recovered especially when I'm really struggling.

Booklover95 March 31st, 2018

@ArianaMay

Is not the same as in person but a close friend of mine struggled for many years with anorexia and bulimia, nowdays she's ok. She still struggles a bit but overal she's able to eat out with friends, she eats with her boyfriend, overal has a normal life with food.

So is possible. Is very hard but your therapist said it all, you're trying very hard and you should be proud of yourself! Keep working hard. You're not alone on this and so far you're doing great.

Believe in yourself heart

ArianaMay OP April 1st, 2018

@Booklover95

thank you :)

summertimeSamness March 31st, 2018

@ArianaMay

Thanks for posting this! It's something I struggle with alot. Sorry you go thru it too. It takes alot of time to figure out who you are

<3

summertimeSamness March 31st, 2018

@ArianaMay

Oh yeah one thing that helps me is bullet journaling. And I made pages of likes, bucket list, fave books, movies. When I think of things I go to that page and add to the list. Also I have a song list page of songs that mean alot to me. Recovery goals pages. Life goals pages, stuff like that. Then I talk about it with my therapist and she helps me talk about my identity and who I am. I share my bullet journal with my therapist

ArianaMay OP April 1st, 2018

@summertimeSamness

That is a fantastic idea. I love writing and enjoy anything creative so I may try something like that. Thanks :)

summertimeSamness April 1st, 2018

@ArianaMay

Yay!!! If you want page ideas tag me in the post and I'll try to help <3

some of my favorite pages are

-Coping skills page I write down things I like to do to cope

-Journal entry pages about feelings

-Sometimes for me making a page is coping because it keeps me busy so like I'll make calendar month page for April

-Recovery quotes and positive affirmations pages

-Let it out, just rant pages

orangeSouth7321 April 28th, 2018

@summertimeSamness these are all great ideas! (Now that I'm seeing your name I realize I actually commented on one of your posts a few days ago with basically the same comment 😂 ) I too find making bullet journal pages very calming, and I'm always looking for new page ideas. Do you ever make posts just dedicated to page ideas? If so, can you tell me how to view them? And if not, you totally should! Your ideas are great and I'm sure tons of people (like me) would love to see more of them

summertimeSamness April 28th, 2018

@orangeSouth7321

I could try to make a bullet journal thread in the ED forum where we post our pages and pages ideas. That would be really cool <3

orangeSouth7321 April 29th, 2018

@summertimeSamness yeah definitely! :)

Hope7879 April 3rd, 2018

@ArianaMay
i see you as a strong person just for doing therapy you have so much courage to even try to face your demons im proud of you

conscientiousPineapple1782 April 28th, 2018

@ArianaMay

weel I don't have eating disorder but yes

values?

sometimes I even wonder about moral...like supose to be free more or good..so choose just be myself.