Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

**Eating Disorder Check-ins** Week of July 7, 2024

KristenHR July 7th

Welcome to a new week!

ed-check-in-july-7_1720372438.png

Hard to believe it is the second week of July already.  What do you want to accomplish this month for self-care?  What do you want to accomplish this month for your recovery journey?  What is one thing or thought you'd like to work on this month to applaud yourself for your hard work this month?

Keep taking this one step at a time on your journey.  It is not a straight path, but rather multiple steps like climbing a rugged hill.  You sometimes have a straight path on the hill, and other times you have to step carefully because the stones are loose, and sometimes you even slide back a bit and have to get better footing.

Please share how you're doing and your goals.

@KristenHR
Hi Kirsten, 
I would like to try and reach the minimum amount of fats indicated by the dietician who's helping me in my journey. I struggle with the quantities a lot, my brain is always telling me it's too much, that I will gain weight, that I should reduce a little bit... But within this month I hope I will be able to shut the voice in my head and get to those quantities, as they say it should also help me with my hunger clues and it "should" not make me gain much weight. 
I am not confident enough with increasing carbs, but maybe with fats I could try and make an effort... So yeah, this is my goal for this month. And I hope I will be able to come back next month and say I managed to do it.

KristenHR OP July 9th

@Turtleonmyleftarm

I love that you want to increase your fats and that is your goal - with quieting the ED voice.  You can post how it is going if you'd like.  Also this allows you the space to have support in this journey this month.

Turtleonmyleftarm July 10th

Thank you so much ❤️

I actually managed to eat a little bit more protein yesterday and also a little bit more fats. It is difficult to shut my ed voice, especially when I feel I’ve eaten “too much” or when I look at myself in the mirror and see my belly, but I know I must try.

thank you for your support ❤️

KristenHR OP July 10th

@Turtleonmyleftarm

The ED Voice is hard to squash, for sure.  Great job on the little more for protein and fats.  It's one small step at a time that can build into health and strength to help you continue to make the changes that you desire.  So very difficult these one steps can be, but you are doing it.  Congratulations!