Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

**Eating Disorder Check-ins** Week of July 14, 2024

KristenHR July 14th

self-care-challenge_1720975212.png

Hi Everyone!  I hope this week is starting out well.

I'd like to bring up self-care this week.  As you look at the graphic above, are there any particular things there or activities of your own that you'd like to do for self-care this week?  Is there anything that you enjoy doing already on a regular basis?

I'd love to hear from you and what self-care activity you'd like to implement this week whether from the graphic above or one of your own.

Turtleonmyleftarm July 16th

@KristenHR

Hi Kirsten!

Thank you for the check-in and the self-care challenge ideas.

Instead of disconnecting from social media for one day, today I decided to completely cancel all the apps from my phone.

I realized I don’t even follow friends of someone specific – I just browse through recipes I never follow (because I think they’re too caloric) or look at “perfect” people with bodies I will never be able to compare with.

So, on a whim, I just completely cancelled all of them.

As of what I do on a regular basis as self-care, I would say my morning run or morning workout.

Half an hour of peace where it’s just me, silence, fresh air and nothing to worry about.

For this week I think I should implement the goal of celebrating the small wins.
I always tend to focus on the bad things and on what I did wrong, instead of focusing on what I did right.

So yeah, I think I might take this as my goal for the week 😊

Thanks for giving me the idea Kirsten!!!!

Phoenix22k July 16th

I use quite a lot of these! Some I never really thought of as self -care, like finding a new podcast, so it makes it more encouraging to do them!

I journal and have been pretty consistent with it recently. In the past I would start and then lose track. But in my entries I started setting goals for the day, and I try to look back at my goals for the year ect.

I'm a "yogi" as well, but found that if I'm especially bored, staring to have a craving , that a 10 minute mini workout, even with some yoga moves, really helps me "reset".

Reading is a favorite of mine too!