Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

i need help (tw)

caringSun8693 May 2nd, 2022

hi. i just wanted to give a quick trigger warning before i start. So i was diagnosed with anorexia about a year and a half ago and i have been in recovery ever since. Recently, i have started to binge and then use laxatives as a way to purge. The thing is i feel like since i don't take a ton of laxatives and the binges are small, i am not actually relapsing and i am ok. I also feel invalid because of the small amount of laxatives i take after a binge and the fact that i can't make myself throw up. Anyways, i am really struggling to feel like i actually have bulimia and that is stopping me from asking for help. What should I do?

caringSun8693 OP May 2nd, 2022

has anyone else experienced this?

crimsonFriend2082 May 3rd, 2022

I don't really have any "advice" but if you think that you need to make yourself throw up, so that way idk you don't gain weight? You probably do have bulimia. 2 years ago I would binge and then sit over my bath tub shoving a straw down my throat so could vomit but it only lasted 2 days because it was going there my nose and I would pee with each gag from the straw. But what im trying to say is if you are having thoughts or feeling like you want to do this you probably do have it and it is never not okay to ask for help . hope this makes a little bit of sense

caringSun8693 OP May 3rd, 2022

@crimsonFriend2082 thank you so much. it does make a lot of sense