Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do you know that you are anorexic?

rainbowturtle March 14th, 2017

I'm sorry if this is triggering to some people But I would like to know. Because there are times when I just forget to a week (maybe a few days) but I still drink water. Then there are times times that depression kicks me in the face along with some other things and I don't have the energy to move much less eat. I feel fine. I don't get sick. But people who just met me or those I pass by think that I am anorexic when I'm just naturally skinny.

marvelousMermaid87 March 15th, 2017

@rainbowturtle

Hey hun, I myself have had Anorexia Nervosa for 7 years now (and am far into my recovery, finally).

Anorexia Nervosa is categorised as a fear of gaining weight, which in what you have described isn't the case. It is of course a lot more complicated than this.

Symptoms of depression are a lack of apetite and/or motivation which could always be the case. But these are just vague ideas and you should speak to a counsellor or medical professional about these concerns.

I'm here to PM if you'd like to.

sometimesyouhavebaddays March 21st, 2017

Here's the thing. Ever since I was 13 I've been bouncing between eating extremely restricted calories or just binge eating. I never puke after I binge but sometimes I wish that I could just bring myself to do so.I don't know how to get it under control. It's scary and I hate if but how can I try to recover when I don't even fully understand what is going on? I've forgotten what it's like to have a healthy relationship with food. Please help.

versatileWalker599 March 21st, 2017

@sometimesyouhavebaddays. I'm in the same situation. I suffer from an EDNOS since I was 13 but I'm at a healthy weight (BMI 22.5). I hate it. It has ruined my life. I just want to be normal, to have a healthy relationship with food. But I have nobody to talk to and I'm extremely scared recovery will make me gain and I will become overweight. I don't know what to do. If someone can help me, please do it