Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A question

CheeseAKAChizu July 24th, 2017

If I am like: one week I'm starving so much, then another week my parents begin watching me, then I give up and then I relapse. Am I suffering of and ED?

I really don't think so because I'm always eating and eating... And I'm not skinny enough.

Thanks if ypu answer, and forget muy english. I'm latina.

Kate July 24th, 2017

@CheeseAKAChizu It sounds like you're going through a really confusing and difficult time. I'm not a mental health professional and I definitely recommend reaching out to someone who is. It sounds like your eating habits are worrying you and affecting your daily life. When you become so preoccupied with food and weight issues that you find it harder and harder to focus on other aspects of your life, it may be an early sign of an eating disorder. Please stay strong and reach out for help.

piercetheaiden July 24th, 2017

@CheeseAKAChizu

I would recommend visiting a nutritionist or doctor just to make sure you are healthy. The nutritionist or doctor can also give you healthy eating advice.

KristenNicholsLMFT July 25th, 2017

@CheeseAKAChizu I believe @lovelyllama13 put it really well by saying "When you become so preoccupied with food and weight issues that you find it harder and harder to focus on other aspects of your life, it may be an early sign of an eating disorder." I am a therapist who specializes in working with indivudals who suffer from eating disorders, and one thing I have learned is that eating disorders come in many shapes and sizes. Although you may not view yourself as having the body of someone who is suffering from an eating disorder, it very much sounds as though you are trapped in the internal world of someone who has an eating disorder. It also sounds as though your parents may be feeling concerned about your current eating habits, too, and may feel unsure as to how to best support you. Please let me know if you would like to talk further or if I can help point you in the direction of any helpful resources or support. Take care and stay strong!

Kate July 27th, 2017

@CheeseAKAChizu How are you feeling? Has your week gotten any better?

CheeseAKAChizu OP August 1st, 2017

@lovelyllama13

Yeah, it has. I... I relapsed again, but I feel happy. I don't care if I eat or if I don't, so... Yeah, I'm in this again, but less harmful. I'm doing great I think.

CheeseAKAChizu OP August 1st, 2017

Thank you all, I'm sorry if I was a lost case since I'm here again. Thanks a lot. <3

Anomalia September 11th, 2017

@CheeseAKAChizu - I don't believe anyone is a lost cause. Sometimes you have to hit bottom before you're ready to climb back up, but if you're ready to work towards recovery, there is a whole community here to support you. <3