Community /

Eating Disorder Support

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
Self-Care Challenge
by KristenHR
Last post
September 19th
...See more Self-care is a necessary part of recovery, though it has many, many ways to being done.  A lot of times people think that self-care needs to have time set aside that we spend an hour or a day just to do self-care.  I'm here today to challenge you to do self-care this week and to challenge your thinking on what self-care is! Self-care is a conscious act people take to promote their physical, mental, spiritual and emotional health. It can be something that is done in as short as 5 - 10 minutes or as long as a week.  It can be something done regularly or something done randomly.  It can be an old faithful activity, or something that you've never tried before. Let's discuss self-care for a bit. When you think about self-care in recovery, what comes to mind for you? What kinds of things do you do for your self-care that you find helps and works for you that others might find helpful, and how much time do you spend doing it? How did you decide which things to do for your self-care?  Did anyone help you get started? What is one thing this week that you could do for you that would be beneficial to your recovery that is taking care of you, and just being kind to you in the form of self-care? Please join me in discussing this and let's share how we utilize self-care in our recovery from eating disorders and other life challenges. Kristen
Introducing... Eating Disorder Care Package
by ASilentObserver
Last post
September 5th
...See more We are excited to announce a new initiative: Small Steps and Support Care Package for individuals on their journey to recovery from eating disorders. This care package is filled with handpicked information and resources aimed at promoting self-care, mindfulness, and encouragement. They're not a replacement for professional treatment, but a small token of support to let someone know they're not alone and their journey is recognized.  What's included? * Coping Skills  * Relapse Prevention Plan * Steps to take care of yourself * Various resources and links You can view/ download the Eating Disorder Care Package here [https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MnhQnwjxpFnJ3aiK0j9d5OAE1eK7epEX/view?usp=drive_link] Feel free to bookmark, or share it with anyone who might need it. Your care and support would make a difference in someone's recovery journey!  @heather225 @KristenHR @dancat1128
Eating Disorder Support Automated Taglist - New
by theriverissinging
Last post
August 4th
...See more This thread controls an auto-updating taglist. To see the current list, go to Eating Disorder Support Taglist [https://rarelycharlie.github.io/taglist?30c2f12674c3d76b794a13ccbe111c5a]. To add yourself to this taglist, press the Reply button in this post and write the exact words “Please add me.” To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Reply button in this post and write the exact words, “Please remove me.” Taglist to be used for check-ins, discussions, events and announcements. ------------------------- we'll be compiling the latest taglist through a process outlined here [https://www.7cups.com/forum/siteupdates/SuggestionsandProblemSolving_383/TeaCakeCompilingautomatedtaglists_291762/] every time we make a post.
i think i have an eating disorder?
by notharinn
Last post
2 days ago
...See more so ever since high school started i’ve been really conscious about what i eat. i used to like flush food down the toilet, trash most of it away and im still really scared of sugar. at some point i had been undereating so much that i almost fainted when i was talking with my parents. so that’s when i started my recovery.  but recently i lost my period and my doc told me to eat more. so since then ive binged so much. ever since i started my recovery, i’ve been loosing control over food. like i get these urges to eat a lottt of food and i feel so guilty after that. i stuff myself until im like uncomfortably full. before it used to happened like once in two months or something but now its been happening more regularly. does this mean im developing another eating disorder? is binge eating normal during anorexia recovery?? 
anorexia
by liam91404
Last post
Saturday
...See more plz help i want to starve myself
Nightly eating is no more!
by TheMadHatterWasHere
Last post
June 10th
...See more I'm on day 4 of not eating at night after I upped my calorie intake. I'm so proud of myself. Anyone who wants to tell about their success feel free to do so here! :D
Recovery TRIGGER WARNING
by TheMadHatterWasHere
Last post
February 11th
...See more This is a happy thread. I have FINALLY realized that what I have been doing the last 2-2.5 years was not recovery. Yes, I was eating more, but I hadn't let go of the ana thoughts. Being hungry was still accompanied with a feeling of pride and accomplishment. And eating when hungry? No, that was out of the question. Breakfast and Dinner and that was all I allowed myself to have, and not enough of any of them. I have been dealing with nightly eating for four years now, and I thought that when I ate more, when I "recovered" it would disappear. It didn't. Not until I realized that recovery didn't mean what I thought it did. I was in kinda a limbo the last 2-2.5 years, and I needed to find a way to allow myself to eat more. Allow myself to be full, and not hungry all the time. So yesterday I made a change to my diet. At least three meals a day as a start. And at least two snacks a day too. All good, clean and healthy, but in a bigger amount than I had allowed myself to eat before. It's just... great. I don't love eating more, but I love not being hungry all the time and still ashamed of whatever little I would allow myself to eat. I go for a specific amount a day, and yesterday (the first time of this recovery) I didn't exactly reach it, but I was VERY close! And you know what? I didn't eat in the middle of the night at all last night. Not once. Yes, I went to the bathroom a few times and yes I got a few glasses of water, but I didn't feel the unstoppable need to eat. I could actually control it, and could tell myself to just go back to sleep. I didn't wake up multiple times a night with nightmares I couldn't remember and anxiety I couldn't shake. So I think this is a good start! I know it won't always be this easy, but if eating more at day means I won't binge at everything in my apartment at night, then I will do it. I CAN do it! (Motivational speech for myself has now ended - I am really proud of myself xD)
I feel so scared
by bubbleComputer1514
Last post
January 22nd
...See more I feel so lonely and scared. I don’t even remember how my eating disorder started. All I know is that I was counting my calories and started decreasing them as I started to not workout as much. Now I can literally see my bones in the mirror. My mom took me to a dietitian but all the dietitian did was to tell me to eat more. Today I wore a shirt without any sleeves and my dad noticed my bones and started threatening to kick me out if I don’t start eating more. I thought my mom would help me and listen to me but all she said was “if you want to look like a monkey, do what you want. If you want to look like a human, listen to us”. I moved a couple of months ago and now I don’t have any friends at this new school that I can talk to either. I feel so lonely and feel so afraid to gain weight and I’m so scared my parents will force me to eat more. I don’t know what to do anymore. Why am I like this 
Anorexia
by liam91404
Last post
January 12th
...See more I remember when i was 13 i had a haert attack because i nevecatw
I'm so hungry.
by maxisthebest
Last post
January 8th
...See more Im so hungry, and I haven't eaten in four days, but I cant eat. I get so nauseous when I think about food, and I don't want to gain anymore, weight, I'm at the verge of being a healthy weight and it scares me to think how much weight I've gained. I don't want anymore.
Anorexia
by wittyScarf9997
Last post
January 5th
...See more Ever since I’ve been eating more I feel so much more energized and happier but it makes me feel bad about myself and I can’t seem to do it
Hi guys!
by Moobear
Last post
December 5th, 2023
...See more Hi everyone, I'm new here and have been struggling with anorexia for 1 year and 4 months now. I'm currently in quasi-recovery and need some motivation to keep on recovering despite being unmotivated... Does anyone have any tips? 🥹Have a great day!
Lossing progress pls any advice
by nothingjustnothing
Last post
November 11th, 2023
...See more Tw mentioning of calories  So hey again  I tired to recover I started eating whenever I'm hungry cooking etc.. I stayed like that for a while but sometimes I remember how *** I was and somehow miss these days or I feel pity over myself I don't know how to explain ugh do y'all feel the same sometimes? Anyways but recently I'm feeling like my weight is getting out of hand I'm feeling like I'm going to my disordered eating behaviours I'm eating less skipping meals drinking more coffee I know where this is going I'm loosing all my progress it's a matter of time before I go back again to under <edited for cal by KristenHR> cal diet and I hate it it's always few months of peace before going back to the spot of beginning   I'm afraid it'll be worse than last time (last time it gotten real bad in the years of my on/off situation like I started calories counting tracking my body measurements purging sh again after staying over 2years clean) I don't want it to get worse I don't know how to stop these thoughts I can't think positive about my body I can't convince myself that I'm normal I know it's bad for me I know it's drain all my energy I know I'm already skinny but I can't believe it  And since it's an on/off situation like months of restricted eating months of trying to recover + my awareness of my issue I think it's not that bad and I just wanna be a victim and suffer  Does anyone feel the same like it's not real bad since there's worse cases?
understanding anorexia
by Georginahowe
Last post
October 31st, 2023
...See more I want to host understanding anorexia nervosa can you let me no when available I like to support my peers and offer them support 
First moment you realized you may have anorexia?
by Laura
Last post
October 23rd, 2023
...See more Share it here, so others can learn from your story. 

Eating Disorder Support

Welcome to Eating Disorder Support! We are welcoming you with open arms and hope to be part of your recovery journey. All are welcome to participate, whether you are a family member watching a loved one struggling or struggling yourself. 

What are the different forum topics for Eating Disorder Support?

Anorexia Nervosa Support: A place for you to discuss issues relating to Anorexia Nervosa. 

Binge Eating Disorder Support: A place for you to discuss issues relating to Binge Eating.

Bulimia Support: A place for you to discuss issues relating to Bulimia.

Discussions & Check-ins: A place for general discussions and regular community check-ins.

General Support: Need any other support that doesn’t fit within another topic? Post it here!

Family and Friends of Individuals with Eating Disorders: Watching a loved on struggle with an Eating Disorder? Discuss it here.

Introductions, Fun & Games: A place to introduce yourself and take part in a variety of fun, games and icebreakers.

Recovery & Moving On: Recovering from an Eating Disorder? Share your story here!

How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable). Check-in with us, join a discussion, or start one! Alternatively, you can join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.

Helpful Threads

Taglist: Do you want to stay up to date with our community? Then join our tag list to be notified whenever there is a new discussion or update within the community!

Eating Disorder FAQ

Q: Are there any sub-community-specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

A: You can find Sub-community-specific guidelines below, which you should follow in addition to the general forum guidelines.

Help! I still have a question! 

If you need help, feel free to contact a community leader or post here, and someone will contact you!

Community Guidelines

The following are some guidelines specific to the Eating Disorder Sub-Community that we request you to follow along with the general Forum Guidelines. The purpose of these guidelines is to ensure a safe and supportive space for everyone, within this sub-community.

• Refrain from mentioning specific weights or calorie counts to avoid triggering others.
  • Remember this is a support community - we should all be supportive of each other’s stories and struggles.
  • Everyone’s struggles are different; please avoid encouraging anyone to lose or gain weight.
  • Avoid overly graphic content and mark potentially sensitive posts with a ‘Trigger Warning’ at the top line of the post.
  • Pro-eating disorder content will not be tolerated.
Community Leaders
Community Mentor / Teen Community Star