Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Deaff

Shiloh23 January 31st, 2022

Hi!! I'm shiloh.

I'm new here! I don't really know what I'm doing on this thread but hello! Um can we be friends? I have cookies!. I joined cause I really need to talk to someone about being Deaf!

audienta January 31st, 2022

@Shiloh23

Hey Shiloh!

Thank you for reaching out! Feel free to talk to a listener or join a group support room! There is even a specific room to talk about disabilities and you can filter for listeners with experience with a disability here: www.7cups.com/BrowseListeners :)

Take care

audienta

Shiloh23 OP February 1st, 2022

Thank you so much!!!

February 1st, 2022

@Shiloh23 I would message you but I have no idea how to LOL. I registered on this site literally in the past hour or so.

Shiloh23 OP February 2nd, 2022

Hehehehe. Members can't talk to each other! But we can always talk in support groups!

BesYar March 3rd, 2022

@Shiloh23 I have moderate hearing loss. When my audiologist recommended wearing hearing aids, I was shocked. Fortunately, it is easy to find all the needed hearing aid supplies online. I bought Phonak Lyric hearing aids that are worn completely in the canal. Yes, I had to get used to them, but I feel confident, and in most cases, people don't even notice them. I know my case is not the same as yours. But I just wanted to share my experience in the hope you will feel that you are not alone who have hearing issues here. Be free to talk to other members here.

Shiloh23 OP March 9th, 2022

Thanks. It was really nice to hear this

wonderfulRainbow817 March 11th, 2022

Hi @Shiloh23! Welcome! We absolutely can be friends! *Takes a cookie and passes plate to others* I personally do not have experience with this but I have a friend who didn't talk until she was 7 and used sign language instead.

Shiloh23 OP April 19th, 2022

Hey!! I'm so sorry for the late response!! I would love to be friends

FrenchMarbles April 20th, 2022

@Shiloh23

Hello!

So my name is FrenchMarbles, I have a condition called Mondini Dysplasia (rolls off the tongue!)

Basically I am profoundly deaf and I use a hearing aid and a cochlear implant.

Feel free to message me anytime, I've lived with my deafness all my life and would be happy to talk to you :D

Thunderbird666Anthem June 30th, 2022

Talk to me.

I'll bring the tea (or coffee... Or tequila!).

Shiloh23 OP July 15th, 2022

@Thunderbird666Anthem

Hello