Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling a little mediocre

Shortasiankid May 13th

Hi my first post here I'm feeling a little less  energetic  today. I know that everybody goes through trauma. And me being young having experienced a stroke shook me to the core. I know I shouldn't dwell on the past but, it feels too recent for me to let it go. I am trying my best to stay away from marijuana and alcohol. Specifically wax pens and liquor. I would like to sub the liquor out for a less harmful like maybe red wine. But otherwise I am trying to release stress by meditating,exercising,and my different hobbies. I feel like  I want more adventures in life.

AffyAvo May 14th

Having a stroke would be a major shock! Personally I think it's natural to experience emotions and grief related to that from time to time; I do with some of my medical traumas.

You've been doing a great job with lifestyle factors like walking exercising and meditating!

I made a thread a whole sgo about low/non alcoholic drinks. Are you interested in any of those? I haven't been impressed with any of the wines, but I only tried less expensive ones. Some of the beers are really good.

I hope you do have some great adventures!

Shortasiankid OP May 14th

@AffyAvo Thank you for those kind words I think recommendations for nonalcoholic and some wine preferably some red wine since I read it helps with stroke recovery. I am walking way better than I did when I had my stroke 2 years ago. My mom and step dad work most of the day so  I spend most of the time online here or reddit. I need to do something to get my mind off things wine and hobbies are not cutting it.

MistyMagic May 14th

@Shortasiankid  Hi, welcome to Disability Support. I am so sorry you are experiencing these problems. Recovering from a stroke can be very difficult. 
What hobbies have you tried? 

Listening - One Step At A Time!

Shortasiankid OP May 14th

@MistyMagic Drawing,coloring, journaling  ,exercise,listening to music I guess I'm used to handling the repetitive nature I try to keep a variety by meditating and cooking and cleaning sometimes. I guess what I really need is to enjoy nature somewhere or get out of town.

MistyMagic May 15th

@Shortasiankid I love drawing and coloring, have you heard of 'neurogenic coloring'? That is really fun and combines drawing with coloring and also meditating all in one thing!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

Shortasiankid OP May 16th

@MistyMagic What is that I think I get the idea of it. I do feel  better  from coloring  or drawing but feel the need and sense to do more.