Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Digital Accessibility Awareness Day!

MistyMagic May 15th

gqRnMWizKWxOULrSPHMbR-3DHj6DV1TS5rnCEg2iNeQX_r9rI3L447Qh23LfXVKSSv7fD-SWcCWpMCp19SxqiTMBQNQqPVfGc3PbNCbcYHnzbcoL6A1yje6lvbrSWsj_H5syHhN3UHkuSSzIuK0dey4

Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) has become a pivotal event in raising awareness about digital accessibility and the needs of people with disabilities. Since its inception in 2012, it has grown into a global movement, celebrated annually on the third Thursday of May. GAAD aims to foster discussions, promote understanding, and encourage actions to make digital content and technology accessible to all.

The significance of GAAD lies in its ability to bring together individuals, organizations, and communities to advocate for inclusivity in digital spaces. By highlighting the challenges faced by people with disabilities and promoting best practices in accessibility, GAAD plays a crucial role in advancing a more inclusive society.

At 7 Cups we take accessibility very seriously and as such we have guidelines in place to help our users navigate and learn about our standards and expectations. This post explains more about the Disability Support Community guidelines on AI use which can allow many of our users to integrate and adapt to our community.
AI Guidelines for Disability Support Community 

There are also the 7 Cups guidelines which can be read here
Forum Guidelines on Artificial Intelligence

I am hoping that this post will also encourage everyone to post their tips and tricks that make digital accessibility easier for them.

💡  For instance, how do you access the internet? Is there an easier way?

⌨ Do you find a specific program that makes it easier?

👍Do you use, a voice-activated or adapted keyboard?

💰How much does having digital accessibility mean to you?

MistyMagic OP May 15th

Share your ideas and feedback here in this form, or for anyone interested in being interviewed about their condition or disability https://forms.gle/MZ1df1FWtJYHQvuy9  as well as volunteering to interview someone else.

Catch up with other Interviews Here in our Master List!

Want to join the Disability Support Community Team? Find out more Here

Add or Remove yourself from the taglist here    @777Bre777 @adaptableOcean4193 @adaptablePomegranate1587 @adequatelyInadequate @adventurousBranch3786 @AffyAvo @agreeableTurtle1021 @AguaNector6700 @amusingTalker1267 @Aqua1494 @Arsalanahmed @Ashleylovescats @AttentiveEar @audienta @AutiBoy @Averayne93 @azuladragon34 @BacktotheTrail @BeyondTheInvisible @BlindGrapefruit @blissfulTouch29 @Bndonovan02 @bouncyBreeze44 @bouncyVoice4149 @Breezy2013 @cal1860 @CaringBrit @CheeryPotato @CheerySandi @ChildGoddessFlute @Chloe1644 @cinnamoncocoa @CocoaCassie @Colorfulcatsofhope @considerateBunny7436 @Countrygirl095 @crystallizedrequiem @Daisy7cups @DichotomousDetia @disneymoonlight @Disneywoman @DoISayIt @DonaldK @DylanMark @Edobre399 @Emiliako @emotionalTalker2260 @enthusiasticOwl866 @enthusiasticTortoise6681 @fairmindedWater1140 @Fireskye13 @FrenchMarbles @friendlyEars8792 @goldenSpruce1512 @IcedCoffee211109 @IndigoWhisper @InfiniteThoughts2k19 @Jamesjones10123 @Jewels012222 @jovialButterfly6752 @JoyfulUnicorn @JoyIntoDarkness @K87 @kenzixo @killaj0ule @Kittibear @KuhnDisabled101 @kwheelz @lightTriangle7748 @LikeABirdWithoutWings @lovelycoacoa @lovelySun2900 @LoveMyRotty @magnifiedfaith @ManinblacK @MartianGirl347 @MeaningfulSilence @Meowsicle @MistyMagic @mnhtx3 @modestHickory2783 @modestOcean1286 @moosprbrk @MyNameIsNicole @NaomiR @NevaehRose @NotKhan2 @NovaIsNB @Ofenkartoffel @OneErased @PerfectHarmony10 @philosophicalAcai7803 @pinkbunnywabbit @Pixiechu @placidMoth @Plantsaremybestfriends @Poppia @PotFullOfSky2020 @rainbowVibes @Raysofsunshineandrainbow2005 @redGrapes1822 @Redheadmadeofglitter94 @repen13 @reservedCat9143 @RiggsMortis @sabeyesofblue3535 @Seachele @SmolBurrahobbit12 @SparklyCat @specialPurple1582 @StarsOrchidsOwls @stuffiessytem @sunshinegiraffe123 @tearstruck @theboymoana @TimidBear @TomatoEmi @turquoiseHemlock900 @u2canwin @wahmbrenda @Walker7957 @WeedyGarden @WishUponAStar968 @wonderfulRainbow817 @xandia @Xisle @Zed786

Listening - One Step At A Time!

AffyAvo May 17th

Thanks for sharing this Misty!

I try to be aware of accessibility when posting in places where many can ead it. My own vision has declined which hasmade me more aware, even though my issue isn't severe. I have considered accessibility options but so far I just tend to zoom in/make the screen view larger. Some days are worse than others and my vision changes a fair bit day t day. I'm hoping some treatment will improve my vision. 

MistyMagic OP May 17th

@AffyAvo we should maybe do a focus on eyes and sight problems.  Bringing awareness to more. 

xxParkerxx May 17th

When I post things I try to be aware of screen readers and not use fonts to make it harder to read. I have pretty bad eyesight without my contacts - yes even when wearing my glasses. Recently I've been using screen readers and audiobooks more as I've been getting double vision issues.

MistyMagic OP May 18th

@NovaIsNB Thankas for sharing, do you find that voice to type helps at all?

Listening - One Step At A Time!

xxParkerxx May 22nd

@MistyMagic

Definitely. Super helps with my hEDS as well because sometimes it really hurts to type.