Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Check In May 29 - June 3

AffyAvo May 29th

dancing.gif

[A gif of a man dancing on arm crutches]

On a day when you feel a bit more energetic than usual what is something you like to do?

Is there anything you would like to share that you accomplished this month?

How is this week going for you?

Bonus question - who is this in the GIF? I think I found the right youtube channel but I can't see the gif well enough to be sure.

AffyAvo OP May 29th

Check out this thread to add or remove yourself from our taglist

@777Bre777 @adaptableOcean4193 @adaptablePomegranate1587 @adequatelyInadequate @adventurousBranch3786 @AffyAvo @agreeableTurtle1021 @AguaNector6700 @amusingTalker1267 @Aqua1494 @Arsalanahmed @Ashleylovescats @AttentiveEar @audienta @AutiBoy @Averayne93 @azuladragon34 @BacktotheTrail @BeyondTheInvisible @BlindGrapefruit @blissfulTouch29 @Bndonovan02 @bouncyBreeze44 @bouncyVoice4149 @Breezy2013 @cal1860 @CaringBrit @CheeryPotato @CheerySandi @ChildGoddessFlute @Chloe1644 @cinnamoncocoa @CocoaCassie @Colorfulcatsofhope @considerateBunny7436 @Countrygirl095 @crystallizedrequiem @Daisy7cups @DichotomousDetia @disneymoonlight @Disneywoman @DoISayIt @DonaldK @DylanMark @Edobre399 @Emiliako @emotionalTalker2260 @enthusiasticOwl866 @enthusiasticTortoise6681 @fairmindedWater1140 @Fireskye13 @FrenchMarbles @friendlyEars8792 @goldenSpruce1512 @IcedCoffee211109 @IndigoWhisper @InfiniteThoughts2k19 @Jamesjones10123 @Jewels012222 @jovialButterfly6752 @JoyfulUnicorn @JoyIntoDarkness @K87 @kenzixo @killaj0ule @Kittibear @KuhnDisabled101 @kwheelz @lightTriangle7748 @LikeABirdWithoutWings @lovelycoacoa @lovelySun2900 @LoveMyRotty @magnifiedfaith @ManinblacK @MartianGirl347 @MeaningfulSilence @Meowsicle @MistyMagic @mnhtx3 @modestHickory2783 @modestOcean1286 @moosprbrk @MyNameIsNicole @NaomiR @NevaehRose @NotKhan2 @NovaIsNB @Ofenkartoffel @OneErased @PerfectHarmony10 @philosophicalAcai7803 @pinkbunnywabbit @Pixiechu @placidMoth @Plantsaremybestfriends @Poppia @PotFullOfSky2020 @rainbowVibes @Raysofsunshineandrainbow2005 @redGrapes1822 @Redheadmadeofglitter94 @repen13 @reservedCat9143 @RiggsMortis @sabeyesofblue3535 @Seachele @SmolBurrahobbit12 @SparklyCat @specialPurple1582 @StarsOrchidsOwls @stuffiessytem @sunshinegiraffe123 @tearstruck @theboymoana @TimidBear @TomatoEmi @turquoiseHemlock900 @u2canwin @wahmbrenda @Walker7957 @WeedyGarden @WishUponAStar968 @wonderfulRainbow817 @xandia @Xisle @Zed786

MistyMagic May 29th

@AffyAvo Thanks for posting the check-in for us!

I can't believe it is nearly the end of May already! It has flown by so fast.

The evenings here in the UK are so light now too. Nearly midway though to June 21st and then slowly darkening again. But onwards and upwards. I wish I could dance like that!!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

AffyAvo OP May 29th

@MistyMagic I'm enjoying the longer days! 

The dancing videos I found were great! I could see myself balancing on one - for a few seconds before falling over! I'm hoping we can get some points awarded to whoever gets us the answer to the bonus question!

MistyMagic May 30th

@AffyAvo There are a few aerial dancing exercises like aerial yoga that can be really fun, I saw an exhibition at the Yoga Show, but that is way beyond me but I can dream lol!

slowdecline48 June 1st

On a day when you feel a bit more energetic than usual what is something you like to do?

Ride my bike. And not slowly, either.

😕 Since this is the first day of June, no.

The weekend has been a b**** so far, to tell the truth. Most of the rest of the week wasn't great, either. Much head pain & vertigo. I did get a couple things done so far today, since I'm tired of laying around doing nothing...also I haven't fallen once. Chronic head conditions don't always have to lower your IQ a few dozen points. Guess I've adapted, to a limited extent.

AffyAvo OP June 3rd

@slowdecline48 I haven't been on a bike in a long time. I hope I can try outan ebike sometime, have you used one? If so are they easier to balance on?

Sorry it's been rough but cheers for no falls! My lymph node has been pretty swollen in the morning, get referred pain to my ear. It makes me feel like I have poor balance without affecting my balance it's an odd sensation. I probably pushed myself a little too hard on my 'break'.

slowdecline48 June 3rd

@AffyAvo D**n, that ain't good. Here's to hoping you will recover as much as possible. I wouldn't have put the qualifier on the end, but you know how it is for us chronic folk.

I've never tried an e-bike, no. They're pretty popular now...might be just the thing for some of us with incurable conditions. But balancing a bicycle isn't that difficult. Once you're moving forward at, say, 2 mph/3.29 km/h, you've solved the problem. In fact, on any in-line vehicle with two wheels the faster you go forward the less likely you are to fall & hit the ground, up to a certain point.

• If you must turn, lean in the direction you're turning.
  • When you need to stop, don't grab the brake levers. Braking lightly & gently is far better in most situations.
  • Maintain awareness of your environment, especially when riding in urban areas.

That's bike-riding in a nutshell. If your pain is not in your hips, legs or torso & doesn't completely interfere with your cognition, then you're good enough to start!...once you have a steed, that is.

AffyAvo OP June 4th

@slowdecline48 Thanks! Not really a new probably them me but definitely worse than usual. Kind of expected though with physically doing a fair bit for a while.

Balancing isn't my issue with bikes, was just thinking it could help for for others if it's more stable. I need to try out the e0bikes sometime. My city has them but the zone is all pretty central, I'm not really a downtown person. Give me the residential areas with ample free parking! haha

Tinywhisper11 June 2nd

@AffyAvo I haven't been doing any art really since xmas, but I recently finished a painting, and have started on a new one😁 I'm happy to be getting the motivation to do arts and crafts back ❤ I've been doing ok in general, but the last two days I've been in quite alot of pain. Constant pain is normal, but it's really bad😥

AffyAvo OP June 3rd

@Tinywhisper11 I'm glad yu got back to painting!

I hope you can find things that ease the pain. 

Tinywhisper11 June 3rd

@AffyAvo thankyou ❤ 

CheerySandi June 3rd

@AffyAvo

i like to go to a long walk with my electric wheelchair.

i try to see my need for help through positive lens. I see myself as a person with special body which needs special care and i feel proud and positive of it. It also seem that others see me in positive lens too because of it. Positivity is contagious.

When my caregiver lifts me into a sitting position in my nursing bed, assists with dressing and attending to my needs, and then transfers me from the bed to my comfortable electric wheelchair, I feel like a king. I also feel great when my caregiver cooks and prepares meals according to my instructions, and when she cleans around the apartment while I watch, I'm happy to have her.

AffyAvo OP June 16th

@CheerySandi A walk sounds nice!

I'm glad you have a helpful careworker and that you can see things through a positive lens!

@AffyAvo

I'd like to create a curriculum or program for education, justice and healthcare systems to eradicate false empathy once and for all and integrate successfully and reasonably quickly a new paradigm that no longer isolates the most vulnerable/diverse in any way and that could be implemented by anyone, anywhere from slaughterhouse to corner store to major corporation to real estate to families to private, public and home school, retail shops, police or RCMP and more.

I did some decluttering even though experiencing chronic poverty, illness, homelessness and multiple grief and loss including ambiguous has made me very sentimental over everything I or I've manage to retain in my life. Yet I did it and purchased some small crates to help organize what I kept in my bathroom (toilet paper, skincare, deodorant.) and some nice self care items like a beeswax candle, truffles and nice new pair of pretty underwear.

I also paid off and kept up with my credit card even though finances are such a trigger for me and sometimes I become so riled up over it that nothing but a riot could help when it comes to expressing what I'm experiencing internally at times. Thankfully there were truffles though, and after I tried nearly ten times, someone I somewhat connected with on a helpline.

Perhaps most challenging of all is I kept up with or started networking. I pushed myself to go out almost every day on some kind of mini adventure to connect with people, places and things mindfully. I caught heatstroke for the second this spring though so...the dance continues. I am taking time now to reflect and rebuild with cool showers and wearing damp clothes, sheets and towels, sipping water, and allowing coaching, journaling, relaxing, studying connecting and researching and errands as best I can, 🤔 

Well...when it comes to heatstroke, I would say it's going 0/10. Do not recommend. Yet taking this time to regroup has had silver linings...learning more about the latest LGBTQ+ world like how there's Androgyne, AFAB, AMAB, how there was a massive gathering of LGBTQ+ after Harvey Milk was assassinated, how the man who murdered and assassinated Harvey Milk was given just a slap on the wrist, false empathy in the education, healthcare and justice system where the most vulnerable are overlooked because reasons are still mixed up with excuses, and catching up on things such as from TED, Marianne Williamson and Byron Katie and diving more into life tools and skills such as mindful self compassion, the organizing, decluttering, networking and finances I mentioned earlier, and hobbies and interests.

AffyAvo OP June 16th

@communicativePond1728

Wow your curriculum sounds awesome but a big task!

Letting go of items can be hard, Hopefully are happy with the changed space!

How are you doing now from the heatstroke?

@AffyAvo Ugh my post was so stupid and long, I can't believe that's on the internet now. Thanks for replying though. 

Yes the heatstroke is less intolerable lately, so that's great. Thanks for asking about that. Managed to go out today because the weather cooled off too, but I bought treats.

Like there's no way I needed 32 mini donuts and some lux ice cream cookie but. Leftovers! And you know what Mary Poppins says

AffyAvo OP June 18th

@communicativePond1728 I'm glad you feel better and the treats sound awesome!

I thought your post was fine, but if you want it trimmed down, I can do that. If you use this form it's a way to communicate what you want removed https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSePF0i2FXJndT8X0SlZAzqaTawHaBvc_H8yUGeoH4chbm5tPg/viewform

@AffyAvo KK 👌😊 

MistyMagic June 18th

@communicativePond1728 You can always message me and I will be able to edit etc, both Affy and I and Community Moderators so we can edit and delete posts.

@MistyMagic sounds good, thank you 

reservedOwl6476 June 20th

I love to dance, and even though it's hard sometimes I still cut lose. My week has been interesting. My boyfriend and I broke up, and as I will always care for him. I care about me and my health more, and I am proud that I didn't get sucked back in. And I am finally free.