Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Check In May 14-20

AffyAvo May 15th

mr-bean-rowan-atkinson.gif

[Mr. Bean sits in the passenger seat of a convertible, taking many pictures as he is driven around.]

Sometimes our disabilities let us see the world a bit different and we notice different things.

If someone came and visited the area where you live and you were their tour guide, what would you take them to?

Do you enjoy doing the touristy things where you live?

How is this week going for you?

AffyAvo OP May 15th

Check out this thread to add or remove yourself from our taglist

@777Bre777 @adaptableOcean4193 @adaptablePomegranate1587 @adequatelyInadequate @adventurousBranch3786 @AffyAvo @agreeableTurtle1021 @AguaNector6700 @amusingTalker1267 @Aqua1494 @Arsalanahmed @Ashleylovescats @AttentiveEar @audienta @AutiBoy @Averayne93 @azuladragon34 @BacktotheTrail @BeyondTheInvisible @BlindGrapefruit @blissfulTouch29 @Bndonovan02 @bouncyBreeze44 @bouncyVoice4149 @Breezy2013 @cal1860 @CaringBrit @CheeryPotato @CheerySandi @ChildGoddessFlute @Chloe1644 @cinnamoncocoa @CocoaCassie @Colorfulcatsofhope @considerateBunny7436 @Countrygirl095 @crystallizedrequiem @Daisy7cups @DichotomousDetia @disneymoonlight @Disneywoman @DoISayIt @DonaldK @DylanMark @Edobre399 @Emiliako @emotionalTalker2260 @enthusiasticOwl866 @enthusiasticTortoise6681 @fairmindedWater1140 @Fireskye13 @FrenchMarbles @friendlyEars8792 @goldenSpruce1512 @IcedCoffee211109 @IndigoWhisper @InfiniteThoughts2k19 @Jamesjones10123 @Jewels012222 @jovialButterfly6752 @JoyfulUnicorn @JoyIntoDarkness @K87 @kenzixo @killaj0ule @Kittibear @KuhnDisabled101 @kwheelz @lightTriangle7748 @LikeABirdWithoutWings @lovelycoacoa @lovelySun2900 @LoveMyRotty @magnifiedfaith @ManinblacK @MartianGirl347 @MeaningfulSilence @Meowsicle @MistyMagic @mnhtx3 @modestHickory2783 @modestOcean1286 @moosprbrk @MyNameIsNicole @NaomiR @NevaehRose @NotKhan2 @NovaIsNB @OneErased @PerfectHarmony10 @philosophicalAcai7803 @pinkbunnywabbit @Pixiechu @placidMoth @Plantsaremybestfriends @Poppia @PotFullOfSky2020 @rainbowVibes @Raysofsunshineandrainbow2005 @redGrapes1822 @Redheadmadeofglitter94 @repen13 @reservedCat9143 @RiggsMortis @sabeyesofblue3535 @Seachele @SmolBurrahobbit12 @SparklyCat @specialPurple1582 @StarsOrchidsOwls @stuffiessytem @sunshinegiraffe123 @tearstruck @theboymoana @TimidBear @TomatoEmi @turquoiseHemlock900 @u2canwin @wahmbrenda @Walker7957 @WeedyGarden @WishUponAStar968 @wonderfulRainbow817 @xandia @Xisle @Zed786
MistyMagic May 15th

@AffyAvo thank you for posting the check-in for us!

Tourists! Well, living in a tourist attraction can make things difficult at times lol. Being asked if I know the way to Buckingham Palace is a frequent one that springs to mind. Being disabled or being in a wheelchair can make navigating tourist attractions even more difficult. Sometimes it just isn't worth the hassle and is far easier to 'visit' on tv. Luckily James knew where it was!

image_1715778614.png

Listening - One Step At A Time!

AffyAvo OP May 17th

@MistyMagic Oh, yeah that would be a major tourist place. There's some touristy things here, but nothing like that.

Ideally, I would show a visitor the Northern lights. There's a few nice outdoorsy things, if I felt up to it.

Ofenkartoffel May 15th

@AffyAvo

If someone came and visited the area where you live and you were their tour guide, what would you take them to?

I'd show them around the beautiful parks my city has. There are so many relaxing spots to hang out at and just admire the wonderful nature. We might even spot some animals on the go.

I don't like most of them. Most of them are old buildings that haven't been altered to be accessible. And there will be many people there usually, which I don't like either. But there are some exceptions that I like to visit sometimes.

My FND is rather easy to manage this weeks. I've even been able to go to the gym once this week already. There have only been a few short seizures that have been easy to manage overall.

Tourettes hasn't been as easy to manage this week because there have been a few new tics happening regularly that I had to adjust to. Additionally, I've been through a tic attack yesterday evening which has been exhausting. I'm just glad it happened at home which makes it a lot easier to manage and safer.

AffyAvo OP May 17th

@Ofenkartoffel I'd love to see the parks with you! I know what you mean by old buildings. Some can be quite difficult to navigate and most lack accessibility. 

It's nice the FND is managed I hope the tics will ease too.

sincerePlane4053 May 17th

@AffyAvo Hi there... thanks for submitting this post!

There are a bunch of museums and things to do in the city where I live, so I would most likely have to show them this one called the Mattress Factory... look it up! It pretty neat and has some incredible instillation pieces.

Sometimes, I mean going to a concert and a night out is always fun... but what really makes it count is the people who you go with!

My week is going okay... not really the greatest, but I am just simply trying to hang in there. I should probably drink more water (hydration always helps) but I am running on low energy here.

AffyAvo OP May 18th

@sincerePlane4053

The Mattress Factory sounds cool! Museums can be fun, I also like the historical parks where the staff dress up in period clothes and you can walk around to various buildings - general store, saloon, candy shop, etc.

Great point - the company matters!

I hope you're able to recharge this weekend!

CheerySandi May 19th

@AffyAvo

i would show them my flat, the recreation amenities (gym, paths, nature, where joga classes are held), library, city centre, central park, museums, etc.

This week was ok for me.