Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Newcomer— Struggling with Social Isolation

Shirokyun December 8th, 2020

Hi, everyone. My time on 7cups is a strange one. I made this account back when I was a teenager struggling deeply with my depression and anxiety before I had outlets of therapy and medication. I actually hadn't been on this account since and as you can see, I'm back again. I'm an adult now and overcame a lot of my teenage hurdles, only to find new ones really.

I have been suffering not only from depression, but struggling with Social and Emotional Isolation for years. It's a very tricky issue, and as much as I try to self help, this doesn't really seem like something I can recover from without an outside force.

The pandemic has certainly made my issue worse, but I want it to be very clear I have had this problem for years... And it leads to such awful feelings. I don't really know what will help or what I need, but I hope to heal here and find the support I need at my own pace. Thanks for reading.

wishfulRose80 December 9th, 2020

@Shirokyun

Thank you for sharing this with us! I can understand how you feel. I've struggled with depression and loneliness, and yes, the pandemic has made it worse for so many of us. We feel lonely. But we are not alone in this because there are many others who feel the same way. And its great to have communities like this where we can support each other, and let each other know that we are here. Here are two great songs that I recommend that has been helping me cope: Enjoy your life by Marina and God only knows by For King and Country. Let's get through this difficult season together. Know that there is someone here who is cheering for you! God bless and stay safe.