Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Why Try?

Snaking9076 March 23rd, 2021

I got in trouble becuase of my grades. My mom yelled at me. Let me work while critisizing me. Then 7 hours kater, dads home, making things worse. He'll say how I'm blaming them even when I say it's my fault. He keeps twisting my words and asking what my plan was, but I didn't have a plan. From the kid who hated getting below a 90, I'm failing. that perfect child I never wanted to be. I snapped. I asked my dad what his plan was when he cheated on my mom, multiple times. You could see he was just stumped. I asked what brilliant plan he had. Or if the devious plan was to get caught. My mom asked what I was saying and my dad escaped by saying I was blaming him. Yes. I'm blaming him for cheating. No, I'm not blaming him for my school. I told them I couldn't focus. But they said, "You're not trying. You're lazy. You could get there if you TRIED!!" Well I'm trying! I'm trying for a world I could live without. I'm trying while not understanding. I'm sick to my stomach and will probably cry a long time in the bathroom now. What's the use trying when it never matters?

March 24th, 2021

@Snaking9076

I know exactly how you feel Luv❤️ I didn't even think it was possible to feel this similar to someone. The only part I can't relate to is parents cheating. But Luv, you have to try. Speaking from experience, you have to try and it will get better. I had to sit outside in the freezing cold for an hour because I got a C and I sat out there and when I came in shaking from the cold my mom cried seeing me like that and my dad felt bad. Fight back when they push you down and make others aware of your situation so they can help you.

i hope this makes since❤️
Love, 🐨

Snaking9076 OP March 24th, 2021

@koala240

Thank you. <3

March 24th, 2021

Anytime Luv❤️ I’m glad it helped❤️

secretBeing7702 March 24th, 2021

I completely understand, and i’m sorry you have to live with parents like that, I want to remind you that you don’t have to be perfect, and that feeling this was is not your fault, even if your grades are dropping is completely normal to not be motivated, especially when your parents don’t focus on your mental health, if you have good grades think it’s for yourself, so you can go to a great college and get a great job and live the life you want to live, don’t let your parents impossible expectations keep you from getting the life you deserve, if you can’t talk to them and make them understand they’re wrong, then don’t pay attention to them, if they hurt and mistreat you then (in my experience and opinion) they don’t deserve your attention, just because they’re your parents doesn’t mean they can abuse you, because that’s psychological abuse, and don’t ever forget you’re not alone!, I hope things get better for you :/