Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Sad again

littleStrawberries1840 December 13th, 2023

Just wanted to talk to someone, even if it's empty space. I'm willing to listen to you guys if anyone happens to stumble across this :)

I've been feeling really terrible again. It was good for a couple months, but now with the first semester of school coming to an end, I've been much more anxious and depressed than I have in the last couple months. My best friend is probably my ex best friend now since she dropped me for all her saxophone buddies, I never get to talk to her, and she talks smack about my bf. I feel like my section, the percussionists, don't really like me either... All these people act like they like me, but if it really came down to it, most would pick someone else. I'm just second place to everyone, the backup choice. I feel alone and tired and so sad and anxious all the time. I'm barely getting A's in so many of my classes, having a B in bio, the one class I actually like. I want to tell my bf this stuff, but does he really need to know, after all, we've only been dating a month, I don't want to burden him with my dumb problems. I just....need a hug. Thanks for listening, 7cups is always here when I need it :)

Jenna December 20th, 2023

@littleStrawberries1840

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a tough time. It's important to remember that your feelings are valid, and it's okay to reach out for support. Opening up about your emotions can sometimes alleviate the weight you're carrying. Regarding your relationship with your best friend, it's understandable that this can be hurtful and isolating. People's priorities can change, and it's okay to feel upset about it. As for your perception of being the "backup choice," it's crucial to recognize your own worth and not define yourself based on others' opinions. You matter, and your feelings are important. It might be helpful to engage in activities that bring you joy and surround yourself with people who appreciate you for who you are. When it comes to your academic struggles, reaching out to teachers, and classmates, or seeking additional resources might alleviate some of the stress. It's okay to ask for help, and everyone faces challenges in their academic journey. While it's only been a month, sharing your feelings with your boyfriend can help strengthen your connection. A caring partner would likely want to support you through difficult times. It's okay to let someone into your world, especially if they care about you. 

Can you share more about how you're feeling in this situation?

littleStrawberries1840 OP March 3rd

@Jenna

I was really hurt and crying all the time. We aren't really friends anymore, like it's finalized. It's really sad, but I'm getting better