Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I need advice, I might have depression

loafbread1234 March 1st

For the past weeks to months I have been feeling off, I don't know how to explain it but just off. I haven't been able to sleep well, I sometimes can't sleep no matter how hard I try and there are other times that I sleep for 13 hours strait. I have also been struggling with interest and focus, when trying to focus on things I completely forget about it and won't remember or go back to it for at least 5 minutes, and I have also lost interest in most things that I enjoy, I have lost interest in games, editing, working out, learning, etc. Making small-large decisions has also been difficult, when having to make a decision I get extremely stressed no matter what it is and I panic then just don't choose anything. The most concerning thing is that I lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks and then another 4 the week after, it's not that I don't want to eat, if anything I used to stress eat or just eat when idle, now it's more of my stomach can growl and I still just won't feel hungry or like eating.

lovingRainbows2088 March 1st

@loafbread1234

Based on what you wrote it sounds like you are experiencing depression in your life and that you are losing everything like your hobbies or interests, having sleep problems, and having problems eating.  I know what you are going through because I have also been there myself and I know everything might seem hard to do right now I know you will get through this and be stronger than you originally were. I am sorry that you are going through depression do you know what lead up to your depression 

loafbread1234 OP March 2nd

@lovingRainbows2088 It started when I had found out I have a benign (non-cancerous) tumor in my left arm, when that happened I was out of school for about 2 months and I had came back to a good amount of school work, I procrastinated burying myself and didn't do the work and so now there's even more work, and my school is sending me to truancy court on Tuesday (3/6/24). It's a whole mess that I made

loafbread1234 OP March 4th

@loafbread1234

I just don't know what to do. Do I go to a doctor and get it diagnosed? Do I ignore it and keep going? Try to figure it out myself? I need to do something, I know that because it has obviously been making school very hard for me as my grades are all 60 and below and I have lost all interest in school, games, hobbies, everything.

loafbread1234 OP March 5th

@loafbread1234

I ended up going to the doctors, they said I have some kind of depression and will be going on medication in a week