Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I miss the old me

NoirN May 26th, 2020

I used to be so driven and determined to succeed. Now I have no motivation to do anything. I feel tired all the time, both physically and mentally. I took a break but all it did was make work pile up.
I don't recognize myself sometimes. I remember looking into the mirror after a breakdown and not looking the same. My eyes were so red and puffy and I didn't even look like myself. I miss the old me and I just wish I could go back to when I believed that everything would be worth it in the end. I miss the me that was hardworking and resilient, the one that never gave up. I've strayed so far from where I used to be and I just want to go back. This will be over some day, I know that. But right now ur sucks and I can't see the way out.

NoirN OP May 26th, 2020

@NoirN *it sucks

marisolm May 26th, 2020

@NoirN

thanks for sharing, I feel this way too. What helps me is understanding that I can't dwell on the past; there's no use. I often miss the person I was before the world seemingly went on lockdown, but I have to remember that my life changes minutely every day. The more time I spend thinking about the past, the more time wasted to feel better about and focus on the present. I'm never gonna get that past life back, so why put so much energy into missing it? Life goes on and I can only move forward. This is what I try to remember to console myself, anyways. I hope you find something that works for you. Remember that you are what you want to be.