Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

September 2023 Events - World Gratitude Day

EmmaE September 20th, 2023

Hello Hello Depression Support!

This month, we will be celebrating World Gratitude Day on September 21!

We have lots of different forum posts, discussions, icebreakers, and group support discussions happening in our depression support room! Everything will be linked or added to this master post for easy access <3

Forum posts:

Discussion Schedule:

What is something you're grateful for?

If you’d like to join the depression support team, please check out THIS POST for more information.

To join our tag list and receive notifications, click HERE.

amiableBunny4016 September 20th, 2023

@EmmaE

I'm grateful for breathing. The fact that I'm here. That the trees howl in the night as the stars glimmer in the night sky. The moon hanging low but a glowing ball of illuminating light. I'm grateful to feel, to hear, the be. I'm grateful that the sun rises and sets everyday. As the days go by, I learn to grow. To be. To truly experience who I am and who to be. To be human once again. I'm grateful for a heart that beats, I'm grateful for a mouth that speaks, and a mind. A mind so complex. That I can think . That I can just as I want to be. And even though I'm hurting and I'm bleeding I'm still grateful for the little things. I heard a term in my life called 'casual magic' it's about not waiting for the big things to happend but to be grateful for the small things. To appreciate the light coming into the room. To appreciate that person who held the door for you or that stranger that smiled at you. The person that is there for you. The fact that you have water to drink and you have food. To just 'be human for another day'. To be grateful for the nature. For the world. To exist. To feel your soft skin. To let yourself be human. To be free. To be yourself. The fact that I'm here right now is something to be grateful for. Because I love this human experience. Its beautiful. Its a journey to be grateful for. That these rocky paths can lead me to somewhere wonderful. I just have to reach the peaks of the mountain. ❤️

Bunny

@EmmaE

In addition to what I said..

I know. Everyday is busy. Its.. chaos. You wake up everyday.. and you find the same things .. life feels boring and worthless. But it's about the little things that make you happy. ❤️ being grateful is about embracing things and people around you and that includes yourself. Embrace yourself. The insecurities. The scars. Your skin. Your hair. Its beautiful. To be human ❤️ be glamorous. Be your funny self . Be your sad self. Be your angry self. Be any version you want to be ❤️ I'm grateful for the fact that I can be me. The fact that I can sing and dance.. that I can move ❤️ is beautiful. Because every second feels more and more special. For the hours that pass by, every second counts ❤️ and it's amazing .

HealingTalk September 20th, 2023

@amiableBunny4016

Oh, Bunny!

How wise!

inspiring

and beautiful!

You are such a poet!

And a sage.

Your words are breathtaking

I am moved

@HealingTalk

Thank you so much! ❤️ hehe topics like these make me thing extra deep! 🌈 im glad you like what I wrote 💕 keep being awesome! This means so much!

HealingTalk September 20th, 2023

@amiableBunny4016

You are welcome!

You go very deep indeed!

What you wrote is very important, I think. Crucially important.

And you did it beautifully.

You are wise and talented.

Thank you for helping us focus on reality and promote our happiness!

purpleTree4652 September 21st, 2023

@EmmaE

Hi, Emma,

I am grateful for the student loan that i was just approved for. It will give me peace of mind. I would have rather gone through school and been able to pay for it myself, but I am not. I need financial help.

--tree

bestVase7265 September 22nd, 2023

I am excited for you. You are moving the right direction. @purpleTree4652

lyricalAngel70 September 21st, 2023

I'm grateful for many things in my life. To name some, I'm grateful to be able to spend quality time with my parents and siblings, build strong friendships on 7 Cups and outside, for be able to pursue a Ph.D. as not too much importance is given to education in our culture.

How about you?
@EmmaE