Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The only time I feel like myself is after exercise

diplomaticWest1394 December 10th, 2020

I'm laying in bed right now because I'm too tired to do anything, but too awake to take a nap. Im thinking back to how I felt the other day after going for a 30 minute jog. There was a moment where I felt totally free from anxiety and my apprehensiveness to make changes. I felt confident and was getting excited at the prospect of achieving my dream of moving out of state where the mountains are.

And I just thought, I wish that I could have that feeling all the time. Instead, I feel depressive moods most days which makes it seem impossible to actually start going after those goals.

Does anyone else know what I mean? I keep wondering if there is something wrong with my brain and I should be on medication.

Anonymous4you December 11th, 2020

@diplomaticWest1394 relax more often and keep your mind busy with pleasant things,you will get through it

Anexmos December 11th, 2020

@diplomaticWest1394 Hey! I hope you're doing fine. I think I understand you. At night, there are fewer distractions (less noise, less things to do, fewer to no people to interact with) that so our mind wanders to the places that it shouldn’t. The daily distractions such as homework to do, friends to talk to, places to go keep our mind in check, none of which is readily available at night.

marinad777 December 11th, 2020

In general, sport is a real salvation. On this I agree with you. But personally, for health reasons, I cannot physically study. Therefore, I just love to watch football matches, and not just football. I rest so mentally. Now I tried to bet https://22bet.online/ and started on my favorite hobby, besides pleasure, getting money.

talkswithariba December 12th, 2020

@diplomaticWest1394

Hey, thank you for sharing. I think I can relate to this on a very personal level. I think I've been in the same place too. Please know you're not alone in this. It's true, exercise can make you feel great, even that tiredness and those sore muscles can be so relieving for some reason. Exercise is said to help boost our moods as well. But I understand, it's difficult to get out of bed and lay down your yoga mat, and exercise.

You may want to ask yourself some questions that could motivate you, I guess. Questions like: What's the purpose of me exercising? Will it make me feel good? What can I do if I am too lazy? Is there any other physical activity I would enjoy? Should I give up or should I keep going? What will be the outcomes of both possibilities? Which one's in my favour?

I hope that helped,

Take care.