Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Running

Paulrm October 16th, 2023

It’s ok to keep running as long as you know why your running and where your running to.

to run with your eyes closed will only cause you to trip………

……..and you will get hurt!

I think I know that I have to run again, and I think I am beginning to know why and I think it will be a liberating and exhilarating thing!

Thats weird, isn’t it……or is it?

anyone else feel like running?

Tinywhisper11 October 16th, 2023

@Paulrm not really I'm more of a roller♿♿♿♿♿😂😂😂 

But I get what you mean, and I don't think it's wierd. Sometimes a change can be just what you need. A new start. Good luck I hope you get where your going ❤❤

Paulrm OP October 16th, 2023

@Tinywhisper11

running, rolling, as long as we both keep moving right!  Thank you T-dub

Tinywhisper11 October 16th, 2023

@Paulrm yep ❤❤ gives you a giant tiny hug

livedexperiences October 16th, 2023

@Paulrm
what's happening in this senario? Is the person running from a fire? well then they should be running. 
And why are they tripping? I'm so confused. 

Paulrm OP October 16th, 2023

@livedexperiences

hmmmm. Could be a fire, maybe maybe not - the goel is to find out, somehow!

livedexperiences October 16th, 2023

@Paulrm
I haven't mastered running forward and looking back at the same time yet

Paulrm OP October 17th, 2023

@livedexperiences

hahahahahaha! Yeah. Sometimes you just know what it is-no need to even look!

livedexperiences October 18th, 2023

@Paulrm is this the part of the conversation where we start talking about aliens? 

bestVase7265 October 17th, 2023

Well that doesn't quite feel like you are "too old to change" anymore like you were wondering in your previous post. @Paulrm

Paulrm OP October 17th, 2023

@bestVase7265yeah, weird, some days I get gripped by motivation and desire.  It’s a switch I wish I could control - I think journaling is helping. - this is like journaling but strangers are reading it.

thanks for the recognition

bestVase7265 October 18th, 2023

Yes, and it is great that it is strangers who understand what you are going through but you never actually meet. @Paulrm

Paulrm OP October 30th, 2023

Random thoughts on the journey of depression and anxiety as told from the point of view that I see it from.

My legs got so tired I tripped and fell, no one can see me, no one can tell

just give me a second, give me a break.  The world that has shaped me tails in my wake

after a moment I’ll rise to my feet, shoes are snug, tight on my feet

but what if I linger for a second too long, what if the pain of before is too strong

What has been, will catch me so fast,, it colors my world with the pain of the past

it releases the fear of the future untold, things that may, or may not unfold

keep running I say, but that is no plan, stop for a while look back if you can

face all the ugly sit with your history, unbox your pain and solve all the mystery

but the fear is too great I have to keep going.  I cannot be consumed, others will see what I am showing

i’m tired, so tired - I need a long rest.  I must vent this baggage away from my chest

i don’t have the power to run anymore.  I must just sit still let it pass through my core

to survive the storm I will lash myself down, gritting my teeth in the smile and the frown

let it pass, let it pass, it hurts so much. let it pass, let it pass a vice grip of such

people will see me but not know the fight.  The battle inside that blows out the light

the demons around me their claws of cold steel,  every slash I wince as I jump from the feel

i wait for the peace of the memories resolved.  The pain and the fear gone and dissolved.

that day will come they tell me so sure.  I long for it’s arrival, I long for my cure.

Random stuff probably posted in the wrong place - but hey! I never have been accused of being appropriate before! hUh!

bestVase7265 October 31st, 2023

Certainly not the wrong place! I really like what you wrote. You could feel your brain processing things in a good way. It is painful but you are doing it. I was struck by the "what if" that you highlighted early on. A lot of depression for me has been fighting those "what if" voices of when it all comes back what will it look like and will I be strong enough. But I have been steady for a bit which is nice. @Paulrm