Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mental health hospital in Lakewood CO?

Darkpelt11 February 23rd, 2019

Hello! This is an important question that I will be giving some small personal information on to help with. I'm 16 and live in Lakewood CO. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good mental health hospital that is a bit relaxed. Some have very strict rules, which I don't mind and are willing to deal with for health but still want to know if there's one that is more relaxed, which ones are good, etc etc. And also at 16, how much do they cost, what legal stuff I need, etc.

I've been trying to care for my own mental health for a long while now but it's not going anywhere and things have gotten worse in the last couple of months. My depression went from mild to major in a few years, thoughts of... Bad stuff are now very common, anxiety is worse and my entire body is now feeling symptoms (pain, stomach sickness, worse fatigue) and I would like out of my toxic family. I love them dearly but seeing how they have made me feel bad about my health, ignored it, threatened to take away my pets/hobbies well.. It's not good. I like my life but feel stressed and unable to live it. I want to move down with my GF and her family, who are very supportive, kind and understanding. But without the changing of guardian ship and stuff, I can't. So the next best step is a mental hospital, which in truth, I do believe I need. But I can't seem to find any that are for teens or ones near me.. Help?

RarelyCharlie February 23rd, 2019

@Darkpelt11 I don't really know how to answer your question, but Google came up with this list of Residential Facilities Utilizing Mental Health Services for Children and Adolescents in Colorado. I'm also thinking maybe your doctor, a teacher, or any other professional you have access to might be another good starting point for working out what to do.

If you'd ever like to chat to me about your situation, just click on my profile and message me.

Charlie