Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling down about myself

TheRealAlice96 March 22nd, 2022

I've never been to a doctor to be diagnosed with depression, but I'm not sure what other category this specific feeling would best land in. I have always been a very confident person and never doubted myself, but the past 2 or 3 years I have felt all sorts of things but more noticeably I have felt like an absolute disappointment most days. I don't know why, I graduated with a good degree, I have a good job where people value my work and input, I have a nice home, I'm married to a loving husband with an aweome step daughter, and I am the primary provider for my family while my husband works part time to complete school. But I still feel like I let everyone, school, work, home down all the time and that I am just the best of a bad situation for everyone. I don't feel like my old confident self and it's been absolutely draining.

compassionateJet746 March 22nd, 2022

I'd like to encourage you and I wish I knew the right thing to say. It sounds like you're far from being a disappointment. I think even a great life can be draining. I hope you feel better soon.

TheRealAlice96 OP March 23rd, 2022

Thank you. Honestly you not trying to say the right thing makes me feel better in a weird way. I know we all go through it, I'm just ready to be past it and be able to focus on what matters. Thank you for your acknowledgement.

compassionateJet746 March 23rd, 2022

You're welcome.

independentPear7168 March 24th, 2022

hi dear I can relate to your situation but I have far more problems as I am unemployed as well as single and I am near 40. Don't know how to motivate myself and keep enthusiastic about life? Are you going to do any therapy if so can you please share the knowledge which is helpful for me ?