Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lonely

J1K April 24th, 2021

It gets harder the older you get. I had a hard time in my teens. I had a huge group of friends but they were actually not very nice. In college I didnt make friends. I was the odd duck. I tried but I didn't have any really just a few girl roommates. So anyway I never had a group of friends. In my 40s and I have no people I hang out with or feel like I have friends. I have come to terms with it. I got tired of trying. I invited people to lunch. I invited people to this or that but got stood up or never had a second outting with them. At work people have their circles. I don't.

rootedmolar April 24th, 2021

I can feel you. I'm in late 20s.i have begun to feel the same. I am terrified of the future.

enthusiasticCar404 April 24th, 2021

well i'm 14 and im friendless everybody who was my friend used me

aquaFox8 April 24th, 2021

I feel you. Maintaining adult friendships is difficult. And starting them is even worse... Y'know, there are apps, like BumbleBFF and Hey! VINA that were created for this very purpose. They're basically like tinder, but instead of looking for a date, you look for lady friends! But if you have already made peace with it, then I hope you find the best friend that you're looking for in yourself ☺️ "all you ever need is already within you, only you must approach your self with reverence and love"

enthusiasticAcres May 8th, 2021

Hi there, I hear you. It can be hard to make new friends especially as we get older. I find after moving countries I never really made a really close good friend. Or someone I could hang out with in the same way I had as a kid. Like you, I was the odd duck in university. Didn't fit in socially or culturally. It's hard to remember that it's not you, we are all do individual and your kindness hasn't been reciprocated in these circumstances.

Eudaimonia99 May 8th, 2021

@enthusiasticAcres

Agree with hard to make a friend when people get older. I also move to a new country recently. Because of culture and language, even small talk is killing me. Hope things will get better and wish you luck too:)

AnonymousBear May 9th, 2021

I feel this too man. Late 20's. The worst part is I think it's my fault. I've had more than a few jobs the past few years and in almost all of them someone offered to hang out sometime. I just don't have anything in common with them and I can't imagine i'm good company even on a good day.

ellielop June 25th, 2021

@J1K I noticed that people became more closed these days, and lonely too... My mom said she found some really good people using special dating websites for seniors - seniordatingwebsites.ca. She divorced with my dad 8 years ago and was alone since then. Now she started to go out from time to time and i finally see her smiling!