Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I watched a movie last night...

hematite43 February 27th

And I'm so sad. So heartbroken for the characters...and for myself. I haven't related to something so much in a long time.

I doubt the movie is something that many 7 Cups folk will (or have) watched, but it's about isolation and loneliness and being scared and feeling abandoned and that's all me, all the time.

Interesting timing in that my therapist and I had just had a discussion about meaning. He suggested that, absent any inherent meaning in this universe, the strongest meaning we as humans can find is our relationships with each other.

Seeing the movie after that conversation with my therapist has really hit me hard. I suppose I feel "seen" in the light of those two things. And the movie has all these other little themes that intersect with my experience and I really feel off-balance now. ***, it hurts. I haven't cried like this in...forever.

There's no way I could discuss this with another person in "real life" or in a chatroom, so I'm writing it here. I wonder if I'll bring it up with my therapist, as he's the only person I can think of who might have seen the movie.

slowdecline48 February 27th

Dare I ask what movie you watched?...maybe you should tell us.

NerdyArtiste March 2nd

I also feel those similar feelings of isolation and being alone, i'd love to know the movie title as well so i can see some other perspective than my own