Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is there such a thing like a non-friend material? Why dont I have any real friends?

liska February 27th, 2015

I know many people,have hundreds of friends on facebook I am friendly and talk to anyone.. why do I not have a real friend? I am married, my husband is my best friend, and at the same time, the only one. nobody else cares enough to be my firend, to meet for coffee, to talk to me about their life, cares about mine... i dont have bad realtionships, I talk to everyone, everybody seems to like me, but only as a colleague, coursemate... I became this desperate person for friendship when i seem to see everone as potential friend to be, but never works out. I need a friend so much, I feel so lonely... why dontI have anyone? I believe I can be a good friend, I care about others I am not judging, I am up for all the fun, I am always there if somebody needs me... but nobody cares..they do enough to meet up with me once a month? but not enough to be there anytime I would feel down, or not enough to trust me with their problems and secrets.. is there such a thing like a non-friend material? how absurd... but I went through high school, university with many many friends, but none good and real friends. I feel so lonenly after all these years... I have my doors open to anyone I am not picky. I am not judgind, no expectations////just want someone who I can trust and who would trust me, and we could talk about anything....

Troubleshooter February 27th, 2015

When time advances people try to make their life's a little simpler, if there's someone that adds more drama or problems to their lifes, the majority of people try to avoid them (we live in a society that leave us little time to really live) . Now, it doesn't seems to me that this is the problem by the way you are writing, but maybe I'm wrong. You tell that this is something that happens since you were in school, friendship mostly is a matter of compatibility to last, but in its first stage is a matter of trust, have you really trusted someone in your life? Was there sometime for you in the past to show a vulnerable part of yourself to someone? , and at the same time, got the back of anyone to help them and show like caring about them?. This is how I made friends back in the day, to this time I can count most of them (the real ones) with only one hand, and that's enough for an 21 century adult I think,but that's another story, let me know if I helped you somehow.. Good vibes.

sociablePapaya6575 February 27th, 2015

I agree... being too desperate for something will lead you no where. I understand how people can get when they are lonely . Give the people around you time if they need you they will come back but if they don't then no need to cling on to them. You will surely find someone who would want to be with you as much as you with them. But it has to be mutual. Tk care and god bless...

Lyss111 February 27th, 2015

Sometimes I feel like I'm the one being rude when I choose to not hang out or be friends with someone. But sometimes I see qualities in people that I really don't like and so why would I want to be friends with that person? I feel like I'm constantly going out of my way for people, but when the time comes where I need a little help: nothing. I've learned now to really focus on true friends. At this point (quoting Lauren Conrad from The Hills lol) Id rather have a few good friends, than a lot of fake ones"

Troubleshooter February 28th, 2015

Indeed

liska OP February 27th, 2015

I had some friendships... in high school, I had a friend that I trusted to tell anything and she told me everything - we understood each like sisters, but out of the 4 years of highschool that we have been together in the same town, we talked to each other maybe 25 percent of that time, she always came, we were the best friends and then turned back on me and everytime she came back, I was just happy to have her back, our friendship was special, she was the kind of person you can not meet for 5 years and then when you meet, you can talk like if you were always there together. She always said that im too good for her and she doesnt deserve my friendship...but i never wanted her to change, i never mind if she had problems... even after we left high school and moved a thousand of miles away from each other, there were few timeswe contacted each other over the internet and it seemedthat maybe some years after high schoolshe would know what she wants an we could be friends... but never worked. we talked for a month and then she disappeared for two years, and again... my husband always tells me that I am too good and forgive everything to everyone. last time I talked to her was 2 years ago, before our wedding...then, she didnt show up on the day and emailed me two moths later, that she just didnt know how to get there... I havent spoken to her since... that was probably the only serious friendship i ever had....although, if we put together the time we were talking to each other, it would be probably the shortest one.... i guess if i met her, i would be again open to her and she would be saying how she is sorry and she changed and wants to be friends, as every time. and then I would get attached and shewould leave... and at the moment? people i know dont need me...i can invite them for dinner, out for a drink, they always seem to be busy. nobody that would call me out... if i meet up with someone once a month, that would be too much.there is one friend that calls me from time to time to meet, but the true is, she only calls when everybody else is busy. I am her sefety pin, I care. if I call her, she is busy, when I am on some event where she is as well, she would ignore me, just because she would have people to choose from who she can hang out with...but i am good for her when nobody else is available. i hate that feeling. people know they can rely on me, but they are just not interested...

Troubleshooter February 28th, 2015

Then don't hang out with them anymore, go do some hobbies I assure you will meet good people and some friends in the process, who said that finding a good friend is easy? I don't think it is, but if you expand the universe of people that you see every day maybe you will find that special person to you.